View Full Version : Trakpower Charger/Balancer
DaveG28
25-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Quick question, looking to get trakpower charger and balancer, is there only one model of each or are there older versions etc I may accidentally end up with?
chris_dono
25-07-2008, 06:33 AM
There's a flight version that will still work, but you'll need to change the balancing harness. You can't miss it as the flight one is black and the surface one is Gold
Chrislong
25-07-2008, 07:12 AM
There is no other version of the Trakpower charger, which is gold.
The flightpower one is black. Its the gold one you need.
mark christopher
25-07-2008, 07:26 AM
yup as said one version just make sure its gold
HarlowS
25-07-2008, 04:25 PM
What the difference between the 2 ?? i use the black one fine so whats the gold one got thats different ?
the gold one comes std with the balancing lead for TrakPower Packs and the input has 2 gold male 4mm leads
the black one comes std with the balancing lead for Flight power packs and the input has a male gold 4mm and a female gold 4mm.
Hope this helps:thumbsup: you can get leads to change them both over to balance jstxh plugs and between TrakPower and FlightPower
riene5
29-07-2008, 11:31 PM
You guys are legends!
I was sold the TrakPower PIT PRO 550 Li charger with the FlightPower balancer and was struggling to figure out how to get it all working with the TrakPower Gold saddle pack.
Now I know I have the wrong unit, and need the gold TrakPower balancer. I even had to buy the balancer harness separately, which appaears to come standard with the TrakPower balancer.
I have one more question though, with the saddle packs, the jumper wire has a small female connector on one of the ends. This is where I plug in the small red male plug on the balancer harness?
If so does it matter what polarity plug on the battery this small red lead from the balancer harness goes into?
Hopefully the instructions that come with the TrakPower balancer will answer this question for me.
Body Paint
29-07-2008, 11:46 PM
You guys are legends!
I was sold the TrakPower PIT PRO 550 Li charger with the FlightPower balancer and was struggling to figure out how to get it all working with the TrakPower Gold saddle pack.
Now I know I have the wrong unit, and need the gold TrakPower balancer. I even had to buy the balancer harness separately, which appaears to come standard with the TrakPower balancer.
I have one more question though, with the saddle packs, the jumper wire has a small female connector on one of the ends. This is where I plug in the small red male plug on the balancer harness?
If so does it matter what polarity plug on the battery this small red lead from the balancer harness goes into?
Hopefully the instructions that come with the TrakPower balancer will answer this question for me.
I have one more question though, with the saddle packs, the jumper wire has a small female connector on one of the ends. This is where I plug in the small red male plug on the balancer harness?
CORRECT
If so does it matter what polarity plug on the battery this small red lead from the balancer harness goes into?
NO, you are effectively plugging in between the two saddles.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.