Log in

View Full Version : Speedo cutting out after a large jump


jo90
08-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Thought I would throw this out for ideas. Yesterday I had issues with my 2wd. Landing off a large ramp the car would just cut speedo power to the motor. Car didn't go dead stick though, steering continued to work. After a few seconds the car would come back to life and I could drive off again.

I changed sensor cables, checked all leads and even ended up putting a brand new speedo in the car - same issue occured.

It's almost as if the speedo loses the RX connection, goes safe so the car cant throttle off somewhere, resets and then comes back to life. Weird !

Im running a Tekin RS, Speed Passion 7.5 V3 and KO 407s 2.4ghz rx.

Has anyone else come across this occuring, if they did and they resolved it what did you change ?

Cheers

JP

fidspeed
09-04-2013, 07:39 AM
if you had same issue with two speedos

its pointing to tx/rx issues rather than speedo /motor but if it rx losing signal you would also lose steering ?? which you say you dont

if its only after a large jump and its impact related its more likeley a poor connection to motor or sensor lead issue

sounds like you have checked those too

may be try another RX ?if you have one

HTH fid

Northy
09-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Answer in the Tekin thread.

G

jo90
09-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Yep I saw that one, im going to test that tonight :)