PDA

View Full Version : Help !!


Holden1979
13-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi Guys

Be much grateful if some one could help me tomorrow at the meeting. Got my new RB6 all built and doing all the electrics today and realised that i need to cut and solder the leads from my esc (R10) remembering back I was never much good at soldering. Also realised I have no connectors to go into the lipos. If someone could help I would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Wayne

Gavin Collingwood
13-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Would strongly recommend doing it away from the track, also you'll need 240 volt supply which you won't have trackside.

Holden1979
13-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Starting to think I should have bought and cheap and cheerful one for now lol, its come with the cooling fan to screw on the top would you suggest screwing this on as most pictures and videos i have found dont show it on.

Gavin Collingwood
13-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah use the fan, but put the lipo brace on in reverse so it'll fit

Holden1979
13-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Cheers Gav

Si Coe
13-04-2013, 03:15 PM
You can use the 240v supply from the genny for a quick soldering job.
Or I've got a gas iron.
.

Gavin Collingwood
13-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Thing is its not a quick job and it may rain, last thing you wanna do is rush in the rain. Do it at home it's pretty straight forward

Holden1979
13-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeh, think its best I don't rush it and take my time but ill be there for the next meeting for defo