PDA

View Full Version : main centre case change on S9650 servo


boos boy
13-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a couple of used S9650 servos from a heli so they have no side lugs for mounting flat on the chassis. I have found a place I can buy new cases, but how easy is it to change the main body of the servo, I read somewhere I have to fully strip the servo down and the motor is glued in? I can get the servos for a little as £15 but it is worth it and anyone actually changed the case?

I'm putting it is a new mardave v12 carbon and thought I'd get both so I have a spare just in case.

Thank you

jasonb
13-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Changing the centre case is really tricky as the motor is glued in. They are good servos though. I would suggest you use some servo mounts and the other lugs, changing the top case is very easy

Jason

boos boy
14-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Thank you Jason, I'll have a look at other way of mounting them, I'm using a S9551 at the moment but read the s9650 was the preferred servo. I'm sure I can sell them again if I don't use them.