View Full Version : Schottky Smoke
mr_tim
13-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Hello, I'm dipping my toe back in the RC water and dug out my old RC10T2 running a brushed setup (Novak Hammer and Trinity motor). Having plugged in a new NiMh battery (my old nicads were last used 17 years ago) it seemed to work with my new 2.4ghz tx/rx but smoke started coming from the schottky diode on the motor and it died. What could have gone wrong? It worked before it went away...
Thanks
Welshy40
15-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Hello, I'm dipping my toe back in the RC water and dug out my old RC10T2 running a brushed setup (Novak Hammer and Trinity motor). Having plugged in a new NiMh battery (my old nicads were last used 17 years ago) it seemed to work with my new 2.4ghz tx/rx but smoke started coming from the schottky diode on the motor and it died. What could have gone wrong? It worked before it went away...
Thanks
I would suggest removing the diodes and getting new ones, personally I used two or three on the opposite side compared to where the esc wires were attached to the motor. I would also rebuild your motor, as a skim and new brushes would be advised due to the length of time they have not been used.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.