PDA

View Full Version : GT12 Regional Championships


Chequered Flag Racing
17-04-2013, 01:55 PM
As suggested by Mark Stiles

An idea I've had...
GT12 regional championship racing (1-day events) with an end of season 2-day national finals meeting (qualification through regionals) to decide the British Champion.

Spend the winter racing at 1-day events within 60 miles of your front door and then do a full weekender at the end of it all if you qualify. Less cost on travel, accomodation and food. Competitive events as a middle ground between club and full national level racing. More inclusion (i.e. more entries available to drivers) for what is a rapidly expanding class. More opportunity for clubs to host larger events without taking the plunge with a national.

1/10 electric off road have been doing this for years with great success - so we already have a model in place that we can copy if desired...

Discuss!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/336445139755237/permalink/487646651301751/

and or

http://rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?66719-An-idea-I-ve-had

Simion Wabs
17-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Excellent, where do I sign??

lardy37
17-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a good idea as the only reason I don't do nationals is cost and the fact it's normally 2 days (wife and kids moan ) but I do the off road regionals as its one day and not normally to far so thumbs up from me

neallewis
17-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Regional winter champs is a good idea... I'd do that for sure.

TOMO WEF
18-04-2013, 03:48 AM
It's a nice idea but for me personally I cannot pre-arrange my work around events to far in advance so wouldn't probably be able to make enough regionals to qualify for a national final. I like racing at the nationals so would be worried that I would end up not being able to qualify.
Though I don't know much about how the off road champs work so I may have got it all wrong. More info on the idea would be cool.

Chequered Flag Racing
18-04-2013, 07:37 AM
so wouldn't probably be able to make enough regionals to qualify for a national final. I like racing at the nationals so would be worried that I would end up not being able to qualify.


The details are still being worked on I believe but I'm not involved directly but my thoughts / ideas will be read and considered just like yours and anyone else who replies to the various threads doing the rounds.

I would expect drivers still be able to do national meeting provided there were spaces available, just like now. If it were say the 'Top 20' from the regions that went forward they may not all choose to do each national but pick and choose events to do just like drivers do now for the nationals.

mark christopher
18-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Regional winter champs is a good idea... I'd do that for sure.

Looking like summer regionals and winter nationals