View Full Version : Schumacher low profile cut staggers
damo_hall
17-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi guys just a quick one, ive bought the schumacher low profile cut staggers and trying to fit them to slim reg lite rims but they dont seem to seat properly. Am I using the wrong wheels? Also do they just take standard inserts? Cheers.
Gavin Collingwood
17-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Don't use inserts, cut the wheel narrow
paulc
17-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Don't use the insert if your using the slim wheels (u4104) they don't need to be cut down
damo_hall
17-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Even without the insert the tyre doesnt seat fully because the lip on the tyres to big for the wheel do u mean cut the tyre more narrow gav???
Gavin Collingwood
17-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Depends on the width of wheel you have and schumacher also have a smaller diameter wheel too so it depends on which wheel you have
damo_hall
17-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Even without the insert the tyre doesnt seat fully because the lip on the tyres to big for the wheel do u mean cut the tyre more narrow gav???
Gavin Collingwood
17-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Like I said depends on your wheel
damo_hall
17-04-2013, 10:21 PM
I think I need a bigger wheel! Is there a different part number for the bigger wheel? I got the u4104 wheels.
paulc
17-04-2013, 10:32 PM
They are the correct wheels i glued some up last weekend on them rims
Chris Elworthy
18-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Damo, check the Schumacher section, I've answered your question there.
In a nutshell don't use slim wheels with any current tyres, give it a read.
Chris
damo_hall
18-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Right ok cheers Chris ill check it out now!
damo_hall
19-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Whats the difference in handling characteristics between the standard cut staggers and the Low Profile Cut Staggers?
Gavin Collingwood
19-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Low profile without inserts give more steering than wide ones with inserts
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.