PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Off-road Worlds Basildon Programme


CAT3K
18-04-2013, 01:19 PM
I bought this programme a while ago, but i know very little about it. Does anyone know if it was produced by the host club for the worlds? And was it sold at the event to the spectators?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2808_zpsb4243950.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2808_zpsb4243950.jpg.html)

It is basically lists competitors, racers to watch, timetables for races and has a few adverts etc.

Paul.

Naushad
18-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow..I know little about that publication but could you put some scans of the content?

Regards

Naushad

Chesty
18-04-2013, 01:27 PM
I bought one as a spectator at the event.

No idea who produced it though. Can't find it anywhere now which is a shame as I got it signed by Masami & Joel Johnson:cry:

Welshy40
18-04-2013, 02:45 PM
No idea who made it, i may have one somewhere for the warm ups as we were handed a few things. Now that was a wet week..but did get very drunk:thumbsup:

James
18-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I've got one of those, I think I bought mine, I've got the VHS video too which I uploaded to youtube here: :thumbsup:

2wd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Zmt1_P7Gk

4wd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06b1qwOa6oU

NeilD
18-04-2013, 04:30 PM
This from a few years prior but an interesting read nonetheless.

http://studio68.no/rc/default.asp?id=1530

Check out Jamie's big hair...

spud31
19-04-2013, 07:16 AM
James that vids superb check out ellis stafford lol
and kev moore

CAT3K
19-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I bought one as a spectator at the event.

No idea who produced it though. Can't find it anywhere now which is a shame as I got it signed by Masami & Joel Johnson:cry:

I'll get the programme scanned when i get a chance. I wish mine was signed, there's a page at the back for autographs. I've often thought that i should try and get the some of the attending drivers to sign it for me :)

Paul.

Parrott
24-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi - I believe this was produced by the club who ran the event called TEMAC.

Me an my friends volunteered to help at the event. We all raced at local buggy clubs and were recruited to volunteer Marshall, prepare the track and carry out some security duties. This was a small price considering we got access to watch and meet some of our hobbies greatest from all four corners of the world.

As a reward me and my mates got to attend the closing dinner which was held in a marquee on the site. This was where the main trophies were awarded and we thought we had hit the big time!

Very happy memories.

I think the best memory I have is that we had the best seats in front of race control/rostrum to see the A finals and we had been tasked with collecting the cars straight after the race to take to scrutineering. This gave us an opportunity it's for a quick snap with the winning cars.

It was one of those hot summers you remember from your childhood and an event which lives long in my memory.

I think I even make it I to the video I a few places.

Cool looking back on it.

Naushad
24-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Nice memories..

Hot summers....gosh I remember those when I was young. Seems hard to imagine given current weather.

Hi - I believe this was produced by the club who ran the event called TEMAC.

Me an my friends volunteered to help at the event. We all raced at local buggy clubs and were recruited to volunteer Marshall, prepare the track and carry out some security duties. This was a small price considering we got access to watch and meet some of our hobbies greatest from all four corners of the world.

As a reward me and my mates got to attend the closing dinner which was held in a marquee on the site. This was where the main trophies were awarded and we thought we had hit the big time!

Very happy memories.

I think the best memory I have is that we had the best seats in front of race control/rostrum to see the A finals and we had been tasked with collecting the cars straight after the race to take to scrutineering. This gave us an opportunity it's for a quick snap with the winning cars.

It was one of those hot summers you remember from your childhood and an event which lives long in my memory.

I think I even make it I to the video I a few places.

Cool looking back on it.

CAT3K
25-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Here's a few pics of the contents.

What surprised me the most was just how few UK drivers were racing at the event :o

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/78f03d1e-14a8-4889-82e9-b5542f2b4ba2_zpsd54df09d.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/78f03d1e-14a8-4889-82e9-b5542f2b4ba2_zpsd54df09d.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2830_zps95be1291.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2830_zps95be1291.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2831_zps4aad2582.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2831_zps4aad2582.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2832_zpse64c0803.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2832_zpse64c0803.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2833_zps33610ac0.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2833_zps33610ac0.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2834_zps162391db.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2834_zps162391db.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2835_zps3a3f771d.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2835_zps3a3f771d.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2836_zps73160c94.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2836_zps73160c94.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2837_zps0a7a2ac5.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2837_zps0a7a2ac5.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2838_zps9e9dc88d.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2838_zps9e9dc88d.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2839_zps5631c45e.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2839_zps5631c45e.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2840_zps37e7b4d3.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2840_zps37e7b4d3.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2841_zps40cf9cc6.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2841_zps40cf9cc6.jpg.html)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2842_zpsdc5a46c9.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2842_zpsdc5a46c9.jpg.html)

Paul.

Andy71
25-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I've still got a GM Digital 2000 speedo up in the loft. At the time they were 'Genious' :lol:

Remember going down for 4wd finals day, it was windy and overcast if I remember correctly.

I also thought that the track was not as good as Romsey in that TEMAC just looked 'unfinished'. I realise that the circuit/site was built from nothing and it is just my opinion and not meant as a dig against anybody who was involved in what was a massive project.

HKS_TRD
25-04-2013, 01:38 PM
What exactly is the Pro-X in that advert? I thought there was the Ultima and the Triumph and that was it for 2WD Kyoshos in that era?

Losi_110
13-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Hell yea I think I'm going to have a dig up at my mums because I've got one of those kicking around still too, going to have to have a look as I'm sure I had mine signed by Masami, Brian Kinwald and maybe a few others on the saturday at the 2wd, I was only 13 then but remember thinking how awesome it would be to race with those guys, think I would have had my old CAT XLS back then. Great times. It's amazing the memories that seeing something like that can bring back and also quite weird finding out 20 years later the propls that you know now were there too eh Chesty lol.

Chris Elworthy
04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Interesting to see Atsushi Hara named in the Japanese team...he can't have been more than 10 in 1993 racing a world championship!

tjf
04-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I have the Gene Husting DVD of the event its a great watch

CAT3K
05-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Well it must be fate.. I bought an old Cougar from ebay last week, and look what came with it :thumbsup:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k244/pikergonecarpin/IMG_2895_zps150f64a9.jpg (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/pikergonecarpin/media/IMG_2895_zps150f64a9.jpg.html)

So now I have 2 of the programmes. The best bit is, the new one is signed all over the place. I'm still trying to figure out some of the signatures.

Paul.

DerbyDan
07-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Ha-ha..... I spotted that listing for the Cougar2000 with the program, I nearly put a bid in purely for the Worlds program (would have made a great accompaniment to my Masami replica) but as I wasn't too fussed by any of the other items (although there was a nice Tekin ESC & Mr Reedy motor included IIRC) I couldn't justify the bid required to 'win' it :(

However I'm glad it's all gone to a good home :thumbsup: