View Full Version : A little Turbo Optima Mid Special video
DanB4
18-04-2013, 03:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urD15BakLts&feature=youtube_gdata_player
DanB4
18-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Sounds brushless but is just an old 19 turn.
The metal counter gear must be the cause of the whine.
optiman
18-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Dan,
Is that a Thorp counter gear? Wow is really noisy!!! Almost like my Hyper 10SC short course truck!!! Wont that metal gear eat up the nylon gears at a faster rate?
DanB4
18-04-2013, 04:03 PM
No its an alloy gear but to be honest I was too lazy to add sufficient grease. .. shocking I know. .. so im planning to open again and whack a load of Moly in there. ... can't remember the manufacturer but it's not thorp or pargu
ralphee
18-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a Ttech Predator i used to run lol, great vid mate!
lee
DanB4
18-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a Ttech Predator i used to run lol, great vid mate!
lee
Thanks Lee....it needs some work.....I'll be running my optima pro there too and maybe a few others.
alcyon
19-04-2013, 12:39 AM
i am in the process of machining delrin center gears,anyone interested?
DanB4
19-04-2013, 02:34 AM
i am in the process of machining delrin center gears,anyone interested?
Me ;)
keithrc
19-04-2013, 04:50 AM
I could be interested in the centre gears, depending the price.
Nice vid too.
Keith ;)
alcyon
19-04-2013, 05:49 AM
I could be interedted in the centre gears, depending the price.
Nice vid too.
Keith ;)
12 USD including delivery ...
DanB4
19-04-2013, 06:23 AM
I'll take 2
j0pp3
19-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Great to see a Mid running these days!
alcyon, that sounds interesting! Put me on the list for 2 ;)
alcyon
19-04-2013, 06:41 AM
i am getting 10 pieces made, will be ready next week. lets hope its better than the kyosho pieces...it should be since its delrin. i will putting 1 in my mid with a 8.5T brushless.
keithrc
19-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Sounds good to me, I wouldn't mind a couple.
Keith ;)
traffman
19-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Dan where's that ? Surely not Aberdeen!
DanB4
19-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Dan where's that ? Surely not Aberdeen!
Aberdeen? Nooooo I'm over in Muscat Oman working mate and this is a work in progress shopping mall track I designed for them although my layout was more interesting! . ... on and off road tracks but they don't know how to run the place.
j0pp3
19-04-2013, 10:42 PM
i am getting 10 pieces made, will be ready next week. lets hope its better than the kyosho pieces...it should be since its delrin. i will putting 1 in my mid with a 8.5T brushless.
Sounds great! :thumbsup:
alcyon
20-04-2013, 05:56 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x87/alcyon2sp/2013-04-20135011_zpsa14d5ed0.jpg (http://s185.photobucket.com/user/alcyon2sp/media/2013-04-20135011_zpsa14d5ed0.jpg.html)
the new gear next to the kyosho OT-85 center gear.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x87/alcyon2sp/2013-04-20135145_zps200fc894.jpg (http://s185.photobucket.com/user/alcyon2sp/media/2013-04-20135145_zps200fc894.jpg.html)
the bearings are a pain to press in, but it can be done. Black delrin and 32 pitch. the gear maker sure knows his stuff. it should hold better than pargu2000s, my pargu gear worn off after about 25 packs...
keithrc
20-04-2013, 07:23 AM
2 please. :woot:
Keith ;)
DanB4
20-04-2013, 09:57 AM
2 please. :woot:
Keith ;)
Me too
alcyon
20-04-2013, 10:44 AM
just saw the video. one of the best optima mid videos i have ever seen. my mid looks crappy compared to yours
DanB4
20-04-2013, 11:00 AM
just saw the video. one of the best optima mid videos i have ever seen. my mid looks crappy compared to yours
Thanks.....more to come :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.