View Full Version : BEC?
scoyle
20-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I run a Losi 8ight electric with a Hobbywing SC8 speedo and ACE 1015 servo. I am not having any glitching problem or any issues at all... But one of the guys at the track was talking about wiring in a BEC to up the voltage on the servo to make it quicker.
What is this all about... do I really need one?
JonyNitro
20-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Just read it properly haha you servo is only 6 volts
Unless your Bec is only 5 volts? If you bought the castle Bec it will up it to 6 volts. High Voltage is bettet 7.4 volts
scoyle
21-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Just read it properly haha you servo is only 6 volts
Unless your Bec is only 5 volts? If you bought the castle Bec it will up it to 6 volts. High Voltage is bettet 7.4 volts
So if I was running a higher voltage 7.4v servo I might need a separate BEC?
OneKiwi
22-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Thats right the bec can delivery the required power to the servos, as there are not many esc that can give the HV servos the power they need unless running a seperate receiver pack.
If you have glitch problems or are worries you can use a glitch buster
levontraut
22-04-2013, 06:16 AM
what servo are you running??
scoyle
22-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm running an ACE 1015 servo which is rated at 6v I believe.
I have not been having any issues with glitching etc. so I think I will leave it as it is :lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.