HKS_TRD
25-04-2013, 01:20 PM
This has been in the works for quite some time, and right off the bat I have to extend huge thanks to James aka Welshy40 for all his help with this which includes the shell which has a bit of history as it was painted by Mark Pavidis' painter and is a genuine ZX-S shell. I am going to fit some more anodised bits and pieces but the anodised bits that are already there (bar the chassis and battery posts) are kyosho works parts.
I'm contemplating putting a few stickers on the wing, obviously now will be going on the shell but I thought a couple on the wing wouldn't hurt, I've included a pic of the ZX-S repro decals for brainstorming and suggestions.
The wheels are a set I dyed for the Mid project I have not started yet, not sure what color may match best with the shell, perhaps a set of green wheels, or maybe not
Anyhow, on to the pics
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133924_zps956dbecf.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133924_zps956dbecf.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133922_zps276b62be.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133922_zps276b62be.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133926_zps6a500bd0.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133926_zps6a500bd0.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133927_zpsef5e4ccb.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133927_zpsef5e4ccb.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133925_zps201a7f7b.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133925_zps201a7f7b.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133921_zpsaefd1f72.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133921_zpsaefd1f72.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133929_zps77bbc53c.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133929_zps77bbc53c.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133928_zps9bf4d5e5.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133928_zps9bf4d5e5.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133920_zps4f96ce49.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133920_zps4f96ce49.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133919_zpse704b8dd.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133919_zpse704b8dd.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133918_zpsfc7e2f52.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133918_zpsfc7e2f52.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133917_zps8b86afc9.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133917_zps8b86afc9.jpg.html)
I really need to pull the finger out and paint the shell on my Turbo Optima Mid Special so the similarities between the two shells is more obvious
Which reminds me that I am 99% decided to use a ZX-S shell on the LWB Mid build which I have had in the works for a long time
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133934_zps3810e124.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133934_zps3810e124.jpg.html)
I'm contemplating putting a few stickers on the wing, obviously now will be going on the shell but I thought a couple on the wing wouldn't hurt, I've included a pic of the ZX-S repro decals for brainstorming and suggestions.
The wheels are a set I dyed for the Mid project I have not started yet, not sure what color may match best with the shell, perhaps a set of green wheels, or maybe not
Anyhow, on to the pics
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133924_zps956dbecf.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133924_zps956dbecf.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133922_zps276b62be.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133922_zps276b62be.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133926_zps6a500bd0.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133926_zps6a500bd0.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133927_zpsef5e4ccb.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133927_zpsef5e4ccb.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133925_zps201a7f7b.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133925_zps201a7f7b.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133921_zpsaefd1f72.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133921_zpsaefd1f72.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133929_zps77bbc53c.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133929_zps77bbc53c.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133928_zps9bf4d5e5.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133928_zps9bf4d5e5.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133920_zps4f96ce49.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133920_zps4f96ce49.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133919_zpse704b8dd.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133919_zpse704b8dd.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133918_zpsfc7e2f52.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133918_zpsfc7e2f52.jpg.html)
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133917_zps8b86afc9.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133917_zps8b86afc9.jpg.html)
I really need to pull the finger out and paint the shell on my Turbo Optima Mid Special so the similarities between the two shells is more obvious
Which reminds me that I am 99% decided to use a ZX-S shell on the LWB Mid build which I have had in the works for a long time
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/HKS_TRD/RC%20Cars/250420133934_zps3810e124.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/user/HKS_TRD/media/RC%20Cars/250420133934_zps3810e124.jpg.html)