View Full Version : Speed passion GT 2.0
damo_hall
26-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Has any of you helpful chaps got a setup for outdoor with this speedo, just got the pro programing card and hoping to use boost timing etc, but not a clue where to begin. Im running the thunder power 8.5 turn motor and currently got the 428MOD software on the ESC. Cheers :)
Chris Elworthy
26-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Damo, please do not take offence from this but if you require help with specific car setup, speedo setup etc please use the regular forum in the electronics, Schumacher section etc. The moderators are not fond of people discussing these matters on club sub sections as asking on the main forum means more accessability for people with similar issues.
I used to run at GT2.0 and found punch level 3-4 a good place to start with a 2wd but you will need to ask elsewhere for more info. Post in the electrics section you will receive plenty of good advice there.
Chris
Gavin Collingwood
26-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Is it the pro or lpf version? You want the lowest punch setting
losichris
26-04-2013, 08:47 PM
lowest punch no booost unless you like putting out fires
budfish
26-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Chris I've got one of these speedos but the programme box I've got dosnt work it have you got the LCD programme box? Tried doing it using the button but its far to stressful to do owt!
Gavin Collingwood
26-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Boosted is fine, bud, get the hobby wing LCD programming box from giantshark.com for a tenner. It works with speed passion and is £30 cheaper tan the speed passion one
Gavin Collingwood
26-04-2013, 09:34 PM
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/hobbywing-professional-program-p-403901.html
Steven Forster
26-04-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/hobbywing-professional-program-p-403901.html
Will this be able to download the latest software onto an SP GT2.0 Pro aswell ???
cheers
budfish
26-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Cheers gav
Gavin Collingwood
27-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Yep and will also let you use the turbo (if you have the pro version)
budfish
27-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Of course it's the pro version thats the beauty of being sponsered !
Gavin Collingwood
27-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Was meaning damo there bud.
budfish
27-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Only problem is I'm sponsered by rc scrap
budfish
27-04-2013, 08:36 AM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/null_zps142c9f53.jpg
That's the program card but when I plug it in it just lights up with some red dashes
Gavin Collingwood
27-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Yeah it's crap get the LCD one
millsy
27-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I've got one, it works perfectly, I'll take it to the track tomorrow.
budfish
27-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Cheers Millsy see you tomorrow
Gavin Collingwood
27-04-2013, 11:49 AM
They work but you need the book to tell you what each number means
Lee1972
28-04-2013, 08:26 AM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/null_zps142c9f53.jpg
That's the program card but when I plug it in it just lights up with some red dashes
Daft question but have you tried both ports for the programming cable as I had the same issue and when I tried the second one I was able to read and change the settings.
Si Coe
28-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Showing the programming box in front of a Salford Uni brochure isn't going to fool anyone into thinking you are educated Buds.....
budfish
28-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Daft question but have you tried both ports for the programming cable as I had the same issue and when I tried the second one I was able to read and change the settings.
It only has one mate
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.