PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Shock Length Confusion


HKS_TRD
27-04-2013, 09:48 AM
In going through my bits I have discovered I made a big mistake when I bought some Kyosho Velvet shocks a while back

I bought 38 and 46 mm length thinking they would be fine for the front and rear of a Lazer but I now realise what I really need is 30 and 42mm length

Do all the different lengths have a different length shaft and which take which springs?

I'm tossing up wether I sell these or just buy bodies and shafts to make them the correct length

Any help on sorting out whats what is appreciated, it seems I got a little confused with which springs fit them too in terms of length

What springs from other manufacturers fit the Kyosho shocks?

Dan

j0pp3
02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
There are velvets for the stadium truck and maybe for the short course too. If 46mm fells too long they might be intended for those bigger brothers. I searhed for velvets on Ebay once and realized there were many different sizes. So many that I gave up :)

HKS_TRD
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes I think you are right they are for the stadium truck, might try and sell them but if that doesn't happen will have to bite the bullet and get some shock bodies and shafts so I can use them on my projects

Dazzieboy
02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Interestingly Ive just put velvets on my original ZX5 and they are shorter when fully extended than the ZX5 shocks that I took off. Dont know whether that helps or not but it was just an observation I made.