View Full Version : Gearing ratio advice!
Darren Wales
29-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Just a quick questions gents.
Having stripped my spur gear yesterday want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my gearing, before I rebuild, but not really sure how the gearing ratios work.
I'm running a 8.5 sensored in a C4.1, on all astro high grip track.
What are the best gearing options?
Thanks in advance.
Darren
Aire valley
29-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Have a look at Associateds web site , manuals, B4.2, lists recommended gearing
Also on the site is a good guide to understanding gearing !
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10B4.2/RSRTR/manual_B4.2RS.pdf
Same gearing in the B4.2 as the C4.1... 2.6 final drive..
If you play about on the Team Associated web site, there is lots of info on spring settings , camber, as well as gearing....very useful stuff
You can also look on CML Distribution site for set ups used by Neil Cragg, Bradders , etc..
Hope this helps... Gearing and suspension settings were always a black art to me before I found these...:wub
Hope this helps ..:)
Darren Wales
29-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Have a look at Associateds web site , manuals, B4.2, lists recommended gearing
Also on the site is a good guide to understanding gearing !
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10B4.2/RSRTR/manual_B4.2RS.pdf
Same gearing in the B4.2 as the C4.1... 2.6 final drive..
If you play about on the Team Associated web site, there is lots of info on spring settings , camber, as well as gearing....very useful stuff
You can also look on CML Distribution site for set ups used by Neil Cragg, Bradders , etc..
Hope this helps... Gearing and suspension settings were always a black art to me before I found these...:wub
Hope this helps ..:)
Cheers pal. Very helpful :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.