View Full Version : Clicking from speedo/motor?? Any ideas?
gazhillAE
30-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi guys
Just cleaned all car after run on Sunday.
Put it back together and it ran fine and then tried again and the following happened.
When you switched the car on theeee was a loud clicking sound which seemed to look like the 4wd drivetrain had locked up.
The motor would not move at all.
And the motor was vibrating every time the click happened.
Also the positive battery wire was extremely hot??
Any ideas??
Now all I'm getting is three flashing lights on the speedo and that's it!
Steering works fine but no power to the motor etc
I've got a video of anyone wants it emailing to them
I'm puzzeled
danmurphy
30-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Sounds like a fault with the speedo mate, have you tried switching it with another one?
Is the motor free from binding when you disconnect from the esc?
Aire valley
30-04-2013, 08:58 AM
I agree with Dan.... Had a similar problem, all lights working on esc and normal power to steering but no power to motor....the fets in the speedo had blown up..!
:(
gazhillAE
30-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Only two runs on this so I was hoping it wasnt that
I've just resoldered the power cap positive wire it had broke
Seems fine now I hope
robstanway
30-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi guys
Just cleaned all car after run on Sunday.
Put it back together and it ran fine and then tried again and the following happened.
When you switched the car on theeee was a loud clicking sound which seemed to look like the 4wd drivetrain had locked up.
The motor would not move at all.
And the motor was vibrating every time the click happened.
Also the positive battery wire was extremely hot??
Any ideas??
Now all I'm getting is three flashing lights on the speedo and that's it!
Steering works fine but no power to the motor etc
I've got a video of anyone wants it emailing to them
I'm puzzeled
Sh*te Mechanic :p
gazhillAE
30-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Sh*te Mechanic :p
Speak for yourself faggot :p
andy110m
30-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Gaz, one thing to check buddy, make sure the timing hasn't rotated out of phase.
Unlikely but this happened to me at Barrow in the practice. After stripping and cleaning the motor I hadn't tightened the three sensor timing screws enough. They only need nipping but seemingly I didn't give them enough which allowed the vibration to move it out of the tolerance band. Samething happened, steering fine but a clicky sort of sound and no rotation.
Long shot but worth a look.
gazhillAE
01-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Gaz, one thing to check buddy, make sure the timing hasn't rotated out of phase.
Unlikely but this happened to me at Barrow in the practice. After stripping and cleaning the motor I hadn't tightened the three sensor timing screws enough. They only need nipping but seemingly I didn't give them enough which allowed the vibration to move it out of the tolerance band. Samething happened, steering fine but a clicky sort of sound and no rotation.
Long shot but worth a look.
One of the first things I checked that.
Cheers mate all sorted now unless the problem comes back.....
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.