View Full Version : has anyone fit a 44.1 shell on a 44.2?
Danny Harrison
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Can this be done? Going +8mm soon and seeing if i can get away with not getting a new shell straight away. Thanks in advance.
Not sure on the kit JConcept shells, but certainly a Proline Bulldog for a B44.1 will go on a B44.2 without too much issue if that helps.
MiCk B.
01-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Yep,
The 44.1 shell fits on the 44.2.
Just space the rear body post forward 8mm.
(That's how I've a 44.1 shell on my 44.2)
MiCk B. :-)
gazhillAE
01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Yes!
Or make cut the shell to fit the b44.2 If its a new shell
The holes for the shell body clips don't like up either you have to make your own up
Also don't cut the front part to the lines
Danny Harrison
01-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Great, thanks for the replies, that saves me a good 50 notes on a new shell and paintjob! Means I can go +8mm a month earlier now :thumbsup:
Danny Harrison
01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Yep,
The 44.1 shell fits on the 44.2.
Just space the rear body post forward 8mm.
(That's how I've a 44.1 shell on my 44.2)
MiCk B. :-)
A pic off the mod would be great too btw ;)
gazhillAE
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
What's your email address and what shell are you trying to fit?
What I've done is better than spacing the mounts out
Email me if you want to il supply you pics
[email protected]
Danny Harrison
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM
What's your email address and what shell are you trying to fit?
What I've done is better than spacing the mounts out
Email me if you want to il supply you pics
[email protected]
Im gonna get the new avid chassis and +8mm upgrade so I wanted to see if i can use my 44.1 shell. It's a proline bulldog, allready cut to fit the mounts on 44.1. email is
[email protected] :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.