PDA

View Full Version : 870C Ready To Race


FERRETTI
04-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I decieded a couple of years ago that racing modern buggies just didn't interest me anymore so I retired my Tamiya DB01 and promised to return sometime in the future with a vintage racer.

Over the past few months I've been working on this 870C to become my new ride. I've fitted a number of modifications including a Works 91 chassis (to give me more body options), a Strates top deck, Fibre-Lyte shock towers, Tamiya TRF Aeration shocks, a Robinson Racing one way spur, some custom machined wheel adaptors to run JC 2.2s whilst maintaining the original track width and a Fastrax body painted by Jon Miller in Cliff Lett's Team Moo scheme.

I've fitted modern electrics including LRP Sphere esc and 7.5 X11, Savox 1251 and Spektrum 2.4 system.

I'm looking forward to running this at my local club and hope to encourage others to drag some vintage toy out of the attic to play in the future:)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/LAZERZX/Yokomo/870C/870C%20Finished/1_zps13695208.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/LAZERZX/Yokomo/870C/870C%20Finished/2_zps72e815e3.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/LAZERZX/Yokomo/870C/870C%20Finished/3_zpsf0162147.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/LAZERZX/Yokomo/870C/870C%20Finished/4_zpsde699c5a.jpg

I hope you all like what I've done.

southern racer
04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
That's superb fella, and great to see it'll be raced. Let us know how it gets on.

Naushad
04-05-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm glad you like the Team Moo design. Cleanly done! I also used this for my yz10s.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff378/naushadaj/image_zps5eaaa57c.jpg (http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/naushadaj/media/image_zps5eaaa57c.jpg.html)

I think you've got an A and L crank there too.

How did you secure the servo?

Do you think you'll need to put weight on the back end too as lipos are lighter..I've found this the case.

FERRETTI
04-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Thank you chaps.

I love this paint scheme, for me it's the best of the vintage designs. I have a number of Cliff Lett inspired bodies and actually ran the Team Moo colours back in the day.

Well spotted that is indeed an A&L steering set.

I use Parma pro servo tape whenever I need to attach a servo without posts, great stuff and never let me down.

I'm not sure what I'm going to need to do to find the right set up, historically all I've ever done is bolt cars together as per the instructions and then wrestled them around the track the best I could :blush: I'm kind of hoping that the TRF shocks will help with the lighter loading.