PDA

View Full Version : Club champs round 2


Gavin Collingwood
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Si can you book me For 2wd please, I've managed to swerve the church visit ... :-)

Rickyktm
05-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Hopfully weather will be nice for us :-) how did u get on today gav?

Si Coe
05-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Gavin - only you could risk divorce before getting married just to go racing. Good Man!

As for how he did at Southport... Notice that he wants booking in for 2wd!

Gavin Collingwood
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Best run of the day saved for the final.... I won from 10th on the grid.
car is going really well now and I've picked up some valuable practice for southport which I shall repeat on the 9th of June for the regional the week after

Rickyktm
05-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Il be racing that one aswell :-)

Gavin Collingwood
05-05-2013, 09:15 PM
On another note i'd strongly advise against putting tarmac down at bury, after driving at southport as brillaint as the track is, the tarmac sections at southport absolutely kill tyres! i think the idea from birdy of using wooden decking like NNRC is a supeb idea and would offer a different surface and grip level without the excessive wear Tarmac would result in

rapidrubberwill
05-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Si can you put me in for 2wd with my transponder and 4wd with club transponder please cheers will

Cremegg
05-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Si

Can you put me down for 2wd with club transponder

Thanks

silverfox
06-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Si
Ewan for 4wd got PT, brother for 2wd (clubPT)

Thanks

budfish
06-05-2013, 07:33 AM
On another note i'd strongly advise against putting tarmac down at bury, after driving at southport as brillaint as the track is, the tarmac sections at southport absolutely kill tyres! i think the idea from birdy of using wooden decking like NNRC is a supeb idea and would offer a different surface and grip level without the excessive wear Tarmac would result in

But Tarmac dosnt burn unlike wood. But if it's giving the local chavs a BBQ pit to cook their sausages over then yes great idea:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tinnylad
06-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Get a rubberised cork section down instead of Tarmac :p

Darren Wales
06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Get a rubberised cork section down instead of Tarmac :p

I like this idea.

Silverfox, is this something you could supply?

Darren

Gavin Collingwood
06-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Is that the stuff they use on running tracks? If it is, that would be ace! especially if it could be made uneven and contoured, we need more undulations on our track as the common consensus seems to be with other drivers that seem to stay away that the track isn't 'off road enough' and too flat

tinnylad
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah that's the stuff, is pretty low grip too which is fun

birdy
06-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Tarmac kills tyres.

The chavs will burn the wood.

Concrete will kill the cars.

The only real answer would be for more features built under the astro with the astro fitted correctly.

Gavin Collingwood
06-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah birdy totally agree,that's the main thing. The track needs more contouring, and where could we het more pf the ssne astro from? to be honest actually, most tracks have different astro it is off road after all.
Stotfold and Broxtowe are complete astro tracks but are of national standard the main difference being they aren't flat, they are tracks with a selection of bumps table tops and different cambers which make it challenging.

silverfox
06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Struggling to get the rubberised stuff, but as you know should be able to help if we go the Tarmac route. Although not sure i can afford the tyres. The other challenge is how you join astro to Tarmac without it being a car wrecker. Not thought of a sensible way as yet.

Chris Elworthy
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Book me in for 2wd please Si


Chris

Mr Satchell
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
2 and 4 for me Si

Si Coe
07-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks for all the pre-books but I won't actually be putting them in the system till Friday so no need to rush!

Maddy
07-05-2013, 07:42 PM
2wd please Si

Pitman Ed
08-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Si,
Luke and Josh in 2WD please on Sunday.
Eddie

bandit
08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
4wd please si

matt76
08-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Si

Please book me in for 2wd and 4wd

Cheers

Matt Smithies

Critch
08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Notice that he wants booking in for 2wd!

He has been getting coaching, shhhhh...

Gavin Collingwood
08-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Coaching?...

Critch
08-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Coaching?...

I was just pulling your leg, was down last Wednesday and a few people were down practicing;)

rapidrubberwill
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Just checked weather for sunday looks like rain again

Cremegg
09-05-2013, 12:07 PM
So far, it's been crap weather every Sunday...I see a pattern here

Gavin Collingwood
09-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Was glorious in southport last Sunday!

Gavin Collingwood
09-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Also the forecast is light rain beginning around 4 so hopefully not too bad

Si Coe
09-05-2013, 12:25 PM
We do race in wet weather too.

I draw the line at downpours, and standing water is a no-no but otherwise who cares? This is Manchester - the difference between summer and winter is the rain is warmer in summer......

Gavin Collingwood
09-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I agree I like driving in the wet, people have to come prepared to bring adequate pitting gear like tents or a gazebo then its fine, if you come unprepared and go home early coz youre getting wet, i find it annoying. I'm bringing a big gazebo this weekend so may be able to pt a few others in too

rapidrubberwill
09-05-2013, 12:43 PM
i dont mind the rain. my skin is waterproof and you can only get wet once ?
its also warm in my car thats where ill be pitting if its shit.

losichris
09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Its the continuous rain i dont like, its fine if theres breaks between showers ie last few meetings. And i dont mind racing on a wet track, makes things fun.
But i will need to steal someone tent space this sunday :cry:

Gavin Collingwood
09-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Like I said Chris should be able to fit a couple of others in

losichris
09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Like I said Chris should be able to fit a couple of others in

cheers dude

Gavin Collingwood
09-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Even though your a MB slave haha

Cremegg
09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Like I said Chris should be able to fit a couple of others in

If all is bad, could I join you?

I take up minimum space, I don't even have a pitting table lol

Stu Dixon
10-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Si,

2wd & 4wd for me please :thumbsup:

Cheers
Stu Dixon

losichris
10-05-2013, 02:08 PM
forcast hasnt changed much, so looks like clear morning then rain mid afternoon.
how about an 11am deadline for booking in so we can avoid bad weather?

fil9144
10-05-2013, 05:20 PM
can you book me in for 2wd and 4wd please

Si Coe
10-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Erm not really cos I'm not sure who that is IRL.

tinnylad
10-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Did you receive that transponder okay Simon?

Si Coe
10-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Just collected it this afternoon. Thanks - its in the rack now.

Si Coe
10-05-2013, 08:17 PM
14 2wds pre booked and 8 4wds

Not bad considering its going to rain.....

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Doesn't mean they'll all turn up tbf si

Si Coe
10-05-2013, 08:53 PM
If they don't its maximum points for me in the championship so suits me....

Gavin Collingwood
10-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Well I will be there so 99 for you si

millsy
10-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Si can you book lee Cottrell in and Martin Mills both for two wheel drive please, thanks.

Si Coe
10-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Well I will be there so 99 for you si

Only if you don't have enough laps discounted for me to win....

Si Coe
10-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Si can you book lee Cottrell in and Martin Mills both for two wheel drive please, thanks.

I've still got to sort Lee's score from last time too.

Paul str
11-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Can you book me and ty in for 2wd please

Holden1979
11-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Can u book me in please 2wd , thanks Wayne

tinnylad
11-05-2013, 05:41 PM
You can book me in for 2wd & 4wd :thumbsup:
Thanks