View Full Version : Club Drivers NOT booked into our regional next week!
Dudders
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Are you guys booking in? If so go to www.dmsresults.co.uk and get entered!
Paul Bizzel
Lee James
Keith James
Gareth Whittaker
Dan Downing
Dr Millichip
Shaun Richardson
Get signed up and save £5 as I know some of you are coming!
mattybucks
05-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Are you guys booking in? If so go to www.dnsresults.co.uk and get entered!
Paul Bizzel
Lee James
Keith James
Gareth Whittaker
Dan Downing
Dr Millichip
Shaun Richardson
Get signed up and save £5 as I know some of you are coming!
Wrong web address mate :woot:
Dudders
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
LOL amended, DNs, classic! page 404 :thumbsup:
shaunr
06-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi neil, couple of things, my name is shaun robinson, not richardson mate! :lol:
Also dont think i will be able to make regional, have to see how things go mate!:cry:
Thanks mate!
Shaun.
Dudders
06-05-2013, 09:30 AM
I know, as you can see I was having a blonde moment, too much red and rosé....
Real men don't drink rose
Dr_UpGrade
06-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Dudders, I'll be giving it a miss... Not into this whole control tyre thing, especially when the tyres chosen are not necessarily the best ones for our track...
Should be there on thursday mind you...
Dudders
07-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Understand your view Mark but the idea is to keep costs down across the countries. If you did the other four rounds and different tyres worked at Torch, DMS, Stotfold and Silverstone you'd have to buy maybe 10 different tyres multiplied by compounds and wet/dry x 2 sets a piece! 40 sets of tyres (possibly).
This way at least you can rock up with 4 sets and be on track with everyone else.
Come to the next regional organisational meeting (Watford Spring 2014 :D) and put your points across ;)
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Hey Neil,
I get your point too about trying to save costs, apart from in the other thread about the control tyres and the 'expected' number of sets to be used...
To have to expect to go thru' 3 sets of any tyre to be deemed 'competative' is anything but cost conscious!!! In that case I see no difference in going thru' 3 sets of a specific control tyre, or 3 sets of my preferred tyre... There is no cost difference...
:p
I thoguht it was control tyres for another reason too - some buggies don't fit in the "box" to ensure they meet the dimensions laid out by the BRCA
So slimmer cars will have a wider spectrum of tyres to choose from and therefore have an advantage over other cars
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Apart from DMS (indoor carpet) round were certain cars (like Team C TM2's in std form) won't fit in the box with minipins on anyhow... And yes, minipins are one fo the control tyres for that round... But not allowed for SHRCCC... (even tho' 'we' know they work quite well!)...
I can't figure it out...
mikeyscott
07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
The other reason was to mitigate against people scrabbling to obtain "that" tyre that's particularly good at xyz track.
With a control tyre it levels playing field. Also enables people to plan.
Dudders
07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Clubs were given an option of what tyres to use for each round. We chose the spikes as the dry tyre.
If you don't like that then you need to blame myself and Chris as we made that decision. The minipin is not a national spec tyre so we decided not to go for it, also it leads to issues with the brca box, so, with us all on mini spikes, all our members cars will fit into the box, and they can all race without any worries or needing a new car!
DMS is the only round were pins can be used and the box won't. Not my rules, but that's what was decided. It's a storm in a tea cup tbh, not even news worthy.
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure had the regional organisers 'asked' each club which tyre works at what club there would have been an answer and a range of tyres available for certain conditions... And 'that' tyre is different for everyone (certainly at SHRCCC at least...)..
I'm not that good a driver and I openly admit I need all the help I can get on the 'right' tyre front, and I find driving more frustrating when I'm spinning out on a certain tyre when I know otherwise I'd have much better grip..
And like I said, thats why I'm not partaking...
simple really....;)
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Dudders,
When we talked about this before, thats not what you told me.....
I'm not bothered either way, but you can't dress this up as cost saving... was my 'only' point...
Like I said, I'm not joining in, and I wish everyone who is going a fun days racing....
Can't say fairer than that....
Dudders
07-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Well, you're just a big gay girly girl from girlsville, girltown. Grip on spikes is fine, we all be using them for ages and they are ok, Glenn, Chris, me hey, even Duncan 'can't drive for toffee' Hedger does ok!
Grow some or I'll tweak your nipples on Thursday :D
(Sorry, couldn't quite keep it serious or on topic for that long :))
Dudders
07-05-2013, 12:43 PM
but you can't dress this up as cost saving... was my 'only' ...
Can and will as it is!
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 12:45 PM
LOL... Like I said I'm not a 'good' driver and 'some' of those guys you mentioned are WAY better than me....
:lol:
I need all the help I can get...
See you thursday..
(and lets not ask just how faster (maybe) some of those people 'could' go if they had 'better' tyres! but like I said tyres are a very personal choice.. And driver skill gets involved too!!):D
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Can and will as it is!
Really..?
You'll have to explain it to me on thursday, CBA much more with this, I disagree with the 'rules' and am not racing at the regional. Done and dusted...
Seriously, good luck to everyone who is racing on sunday and accepting the control tyre ruling...:)
Dudders
07-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Do some work, pest!
dobber
07-05-2013, 01:06 PM
LOL... Like I said I'm not a 'good' driver and 'some' of those guys you mentioned are WAY better than me....
:lol:
I need all the help I can get...
See you thursday..
(and lets not ask just how faster (maybe) some of those people 'could' go if they had 'better' tyres! but like I said tyres are a very personal choice.. And driver skill gets involved too!!):D
Surely you meant "all" of those drivers.
@ Neil, this is as much of a reaction your comment deserves. I endeth my comment.
Git!:p
Dr_UpGrade
07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
LOL...
Some are 'way' better....
(others are 'just' better...!!):p
LOL...
Some are 'way' better....
(others are 'just' better...!!):p
and the rest are called Duncan?
lee rc
07-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I never put down the make of my car when I signed in will that still be ok
Looked for LOSI 22 but it wasn't there. Now I've found out it was under TLR 22 . Lol
Darren Boyle
07-05-2013, 03:06 PM
I never put down the make of my car when I signed in will that still be ok
Looked for LOSI 22 but it wasn't there. Now I've found out it was under TLR 22 . Lol
Hi Lee, Just send us an email via the booking in site contact details and we can amend this for you easily...
Darren
lee rc
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
I've sent that email thanks Darren
lee rc
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi Neal I Don't suppose you have the results for Sunday's round 2 that you could put up please
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.