PDA

View Full Version : Card cloning


Chris56
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
I folks, thought I would just send out a warning shot about the petrol station on the Saxondale Island, A52 between Radcliffe and Bingham.

Filled up with petrol there on monday, payed with my credit card that I only use once in a blue moon.
Yestday I get a phone call from Natwest asking if I have recently made a £550 purchase for clothes with the card?? (on a website called "Raffaello.com")

For those that know me should know that my wife has to practically drag me to the shops in order to even buy a £10 pair of jeans!!!!.

Fortunately Natwest had refused the £550 transaction as they suspected my card had been cloned, hence the phone call, but still a lucky escape.

I've also read on other forums that shell garages are quite notorious for cloning cards.

MikePimlott
09-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Its not the shell garages, its the immigrants that work in them. thieving bastards