PDA

View Full Version : Optima chassis id please


shifty_steve
12-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi, just got a box of old buggy bits out of the attic, from years back bought but never raced...I think from what i can see here I have the optima mid custom special, all running and fine....but I cant identify the other chassis for sure, would like to maybe get this up & running...any help greatly appreciated :)
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/shifty_steve/DSC_0357-1.jpg (http://s910.photobucket.com/user/shifty_steve/media/DSC_0357-1.jpg.html)

kek23k
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM
The chassis on the right-hand side is from a Lazer-ZX ;D

shifty_steve
12-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Cheers for that...best get sorting out what fits what.

j0pp3
12-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Those shock towers at the upper left are also Lazer stuff I think.

You can find scans of the manual here:
http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuel_page/191/optima-mid-custom-special-english-kyosho.html

shifty_steve
12-05-2013, 07:58 PM
thanks j0pp3, will have a look at that link...its all new to me right now...got gearboxes, wheels n tyres...no top chassis edit (upper deck) ...old shell...a few other bits...would be great to race either of these two in a vintage race. The omcs has a 17t in...just ran it for first time today...was a blast.

shifty_steve
12-05-2013, 09:02 PM
A few bits here but looking a bit shabby...
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/shifty_steve/DSC_0355.jpg (http://s910.photobucket.com/user/shifty_steve/media/DSC_0355.jpg.html)

cheers
Steve

kek23k
12-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Those two long strips to the right of the chassis are he ZX top deck. Everything else looks to be Lazer-ZX too, apart from the body shell which is ZX-R.

j0pp3
13-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Here you can find the Lazer ZX manual:
http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuel_page/24/lazer-zx-kyosho.html

shifty_steve
13-05-2013, 09:06 PM
cheers Kek, thought it was just broken parts...still they are not very good condition.

shifty_steve
13-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Here you can find the Lazer ZX manual:
http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuel_page/24/lazer-zx-kyosho.html

Thanks again very useful

j0pp3
14-05-2013, 04:33 AM
A few bits here but looking a bit shabby...
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/shifty_steve/DSC_0355.jpg (http://s910.photobucket.com/user/shifty_steve/media/DSC_0355.jpg.html)

cheers
Steve

Those two rear arms just below the undertray are Optima arms. Otherwise I think it's all Lazer ZX stuff.