PDA

View Full Version : Using the grass track for practice


simonrhart
17-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Hi All,

What is the policy on using the grass track during the week to setup my new car?

Cheers
Simon

racingdwarf
21-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi

No probs as long as it's and electric buggy, I just try to keep the grass track for 10th buggies everything else can use the dirt to save the track

simonrhart
22-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Great thanks Dave.

I've now got a Losi 22 so need to set the thing up assuming we are racing this Sunday.

Cheers
Simon

jcb
22-05-2013, 05:29 PM
According to the calendar we should be club racing this sunday 26 May and also on 2nd june due to the regional being on the 9th June.


All being well I'll be there on the 26th so if you want any suggestions on set-up of the 22 give me a shout.

simonrhart
22-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Cool thanks JCB (John?). I guess I need the rear weights (not ordered yet) as I plan to run mid-motor. Got myself an Orion VST Pro 8.5T motor with an Orion R10 Pro ESC. Hope to mount that up front as I got a Savox 1251 to go in there to give more space for the ESC.

Simon

jcb
22-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Cool thanks JCB (John?). I guess I need the rear weights (not ordered yet) as I plan to run mid-motor. Got myself an Orion VST Pro 8.5T motor with an Orion R10 Pro ESC. Hope to mount that up front as I got a Savox 1251 to go in there to give more space for the ESC.

Simon


Yep, I'm Jon.

I'm not sure I would worry to much about the rear weight kit, I haven't used it this year yet and would only consider running it when we hit the dirt track or if the track is really slippy.

I would however recommend getting Green and Blue front springs and make sure you have some 30 and 35wt oil. The majority of UK racers run the 5degree caster blocks with the 25degree kick block. The caster blocks are optional while the kick block is in the kit I think.

Working from the kit instructions all I'd change to start is put #56 pistons in front with 30wt oil and a green spring, 25degree kick and 5degree caster blocks and just drive the car.

You can then add other optional parts as and when you feel they'll make any difference.

simonrhart
23-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Ok thanks for the feedback Jon. Will order some springs. What gearing are you running? I'll be running a 8.5T so as per the manual it says 23 48 p pinion if memory serves me correct. So need to order a few more around that size.

Simon

simonrhart
23-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi

No probs as long as it's and electric buggy, I just try to keep the grass track for 10th buggies everything else can use the dirt to save the track

Dave, Anglia Model Shop sold that last Losi 22. When I phoned them on the Monday after the club meeting on Sunday, they had sold it on Saturday!

racingdwarf
23-05-2013, 07:09 AM
yer, I know:bored:, it was there for a few weeks to, I did ring 1st thing monday and they said it went friday or saturday,sods law

jcb
23-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Ok thanks for the feedback Jon. Will order some springs. What gearing are you running? I'll be running a 8.5T so as per the manual it says 23 48 p pinion if memory serves me correct. So need to order a few more around that size.

Simon


Think I run a 23 or 24 on my 8.5 and a 21 or 22 on my 6.5.

simonrhart
23-05-2013, 02:18 PM
yer, I know:bored:, it was there for a few weeks to, I did ring 1st thing monday and they said it went friday or saturday,sods law

Got a cracking deal with JEModels though. £171 delivered! but this is partly because I spent a ton of cash with them on other stuff like electronics etc.

simonrhart
25-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Think I run a 23 or 24 on my 8.5 and a 21 or 22 on my 6.5.

Thanks. Got a 7.5T in the end. I am still building my kit so probably won't be down tomorrow, loads of stuff still to do on the car, soldering etc and finishing the transmission...