View Full Version : 2wd Regional @DMS (Watford) SHRCCC Road Trip! 2/6/13
Dudders
17-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Well, it's only 45 miles so a mini road trip!
I'm expecting the venue to open at 8.00am, so that assume we'll be aiming to leave McDonalds in Farnborough Gate retail park at 7.00am sharp!
If you want food, make sure it's in you, or in your car for the off. I'm off at 7.00am with or without you :woot:.
I'm planning on being there 6.30am to grab some rubbish food and have a latte :thumbsup:
So, who is in? Who is lift sharing? Etc etc.
Darren Boyle
17-05-2013, 05:32 PM
The reverse journey took us about 40 minutes last Sunday to give you an idea, approx. 40miles door to door. There will be "Chubbys" there with food from just after 8am too, more details soon in our own dedicated thread once the Stotfold 4wd round has passed this weekend....
Dudders
17-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks Darren :thumbsup:
Trying to rallye the troops!
imull
17-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Is it 2WD? When? I might be in!
jlucas
17-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Ive got mum's people carrier for the day so terry and shaun are in with me room for one more
Dudders
17-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Is it 2WD? When? I might be in!
Erm, as per the thread title!
Think I'm in with Hedger as he owes me a lift, failing that, could get the disco for the day and fit 3 or 4 in :bored:
dobber
17-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Mmmmmmm sausage and egg mcmuffin!!!!!
Dr_UpGrade
17-05-2013, 07:50 PM
aw, I love it that you guys have little nicknames for each other when you go on these trips?!!
Dudders
17-05-2013, 08:22 PM
aw, I love it that you guys have little nicknames for each other when you go on these trips?!!
Jealousy that your not invited :thumbsup:
Dr_UpGrade
17-05-2013, 09:01 PM
LOL... Are you the Mcmuffin or the sausage?!!!!!:o
Dudders
17-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm the sausage, Duncan's my little McMuffin :woot:
If I'm still going I'll happily car share in the Landcruiser. Space for a few
Will confirm within next 72 hours
dobber
17-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm the sausage, Duncan's my little McMuffin :woot:
My DB1 is a McMuffin at the moment. Poor thing..
TARTMAN
17-05-2013, 10:11 PM
boring
imull
18-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Erm, as per the thread title!
Think I'm in with Hedger as he owes me a lift, failing that, could get the disco for the day and fit 3 or 4 in :bored:
Sorry, having a thick moment :blush:
I'll see and get back to you....
Dudders
19-05-2013, 09:00 AM
boring
Don't be involved then misery guts! :confused::confused::confused:
Ian, I didn't actually put it in the title, little bit of quick editing! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Dudders
22-05-2013, 02:00 PM
20 drivers from SHRCCC pre booked in for the DMS round, excellent stuff. I'll be working on the ones who arent listed!!!! :thumbsup:
dobber
22-05-2013, 03:19 PM
How many sets of mini pins do you think we'll need. 2 or 3?
Dudders
22-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Not sure, least the Vega fits in the box, do your cars?. I'll be doing just the 2 new sets and an older set.
jaywestwood
22-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Last year we used 2 new sets but you can easily get away with 1 set.. New tyres didn't work on slippy floor and that was at the END of the straight??
Darren Boyle
22-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Last year we used 2 new sets but you can easily get away with 1 set.. New tyres didn't work on slippy floor and that was at the END of the straight??
Jay is right, worn pins are better than new on any slippery sections and two sets should do most people for the day.
Typically we do put the slippy section (one of them) at the end of the straight to make people think about the corner a bit and slow down to get round it ok rather than make it carpet and balls out, where everyone would grip roll off the track, however it is not as bad as it sounds and we do make it approx 4 metres wide at this point too, which results in less crashes than if it was grippy....
shaunr
24-05-2013, 10:03 PM
All booked in for dms on 2nd june :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Owhitehouse
26-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm all booked in too !
Dudders
26-05-2013, 08:41 PM
FANTASTIC!
Shrccc convoy! :thumbsup:
Dudders
28-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Right!
So judging by the text messages and the booked in crew we're going in mob handed :thumbsup:
LEAVING Maccy D's at 7.00am sharp so we can have a trundle round the Mike 25!
We'll be in Dunc's monster horse power Grey Civic, we'll see you there!
dobber
28-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Right!
So judging by the text messages and the booked in crew we're going in mob handed :thumbsup:
LEAVING Maccy D's at 7.00am sharp so we can have a trundle round the Mike 25!
We'll be in Dunc's monster horse power Grey Civic, we'll see you there!
It's Silver ;)
Dudders
28-05-2013, 10:02 PM
It's Dirty Silver ;)
Aka GREY :woot:
Should be able to meet up at McD's for 7am if anyone wants a lift
Dudders
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Well done to all who travelled to the DMS regional today. Great banter with Chris James, James Lucas, Shaun Robinson, Barry Carolan, Duncan Hedger, Stu McCabe, Olly Whitehouse, Streeter, Sadlers, Westy's etc etc
Great racing in all finals, well done all!
When's the next one??.
jlucas
02-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Stotfold june 30th
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.