View Full Version : Overlander TX LIPOS in KO EX10
extrememacko
22-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Hello experts;
I have recently put my new Overlander 2600 3S TX LIPO in my KO-EX10 Transmitter. When I turned it on, the only thing that happened was a burning smell in the transmitter module, I have another identical handset and the same thing happened in that one too, whats that about?!
Hope I havent damaged my expensive KO handsets!
fidspeed
22-05-2013, 10:06 AM
reverse polarity im afraid
the red wire needs to be in the right hand socket in the plug and black in centre not as normal futaba centre pin is red (positive volts )
ask me how i found out too :thumbdown:
cant tell whether handset is dead or not i do have a ko helios ( scruffy )one with good internals id part with if you have killed yours
sorry to be bearer of bad tidings
pm me for more help if necc
dave fid
extrememacko
22-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Bugger, I tried connecting it both ways, made no difference to whether they switched on or not.
Thanks for the offer, Ill try AAs later today
fidspeed
22-05-2013, 10:17 AM
you have too remove pins from plug and swop around you cant just reverse plug in to handset as red (positive) is still in centre position (normal for futaba )
that is why convention was changed a few years ago to stop inadvertently reverse polarity (early ko servos suffered same issue)
regards dave
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.