PDA

View Full Version : B44.2 lipo cradle


Hog
23-05-2013, 01:10 PM
I've seen on the B44.2 there's a much more solid looking quick release cradle for the lipos. Is this available on its own or does it only come with the kit?

Would like to convert both my B44's to the same cradle rather than fiddling with R clips (I converted from thumb screws ages ago).

Cheers.

MiCk B.
23-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Don't think it's a direct fit.

The battery tray on the B44.2 is slightly larger than on the B44 / B44.1

MiCk B. :-)

Pank
23-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Running them in my 44.1. You just need to drill the holes further out towards the edge of the chassis, and the front holes need to be further forward also.

Part numbers,

Cradles AS9905
Straps AS9906

Hog
23-05-2013, 02:18 PM
A little drilling isn't a problem.

Thanks chaps I'll investigate further now I have part numbers!

CC44
23-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi,

you don't need to drill anything. Cut the edge off the B44.2 clamps & scre on top of the existing CF parts. The piece that clamps - cut, shorted & reglue. Sorted.

I put some pictures up of my car with this modification some time ago - check out the associated threads.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

CC44
23-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi again.

Check out the thread started on 15th Feb 2013

www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122246&highlight=battery (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122246&highlight=battery)

:thumbsup:

Pank
23-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Leaving them standard and drilling new holes allows you move the cells backward and foward for better weight distrubution.