PDA

View Full Version : Thank you very much!


woOdy
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi guys, just a quick one to say a BIG thank you to all that made the effort yesterday to come along and show your respect for my old man!
So from all the WOOD family - THANK YOU!

bigred5765
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
one of the most relaxed fun race meetings we have been to this year,have to say I think bury metro did your dad proud and hope it's a annual thing,
ps can we cakes for trophies every year ;)

Si Coe
03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I think its a cert we'll be doing this again - it was a big hit.

Though in truth the atmosphere Carl (and others) mentioned wasn't down to us - it came from the drivers. I heard more than a few people during the day finishing sentences with 'but it doesn't really matter today cos its all for fun'.

Its the whole idea of a big meeting with no championship or kudos at stake, just a few cupcakes that really brought out the best in everyone there.

Staxman
03-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Didn't actually race myself but bobbed down for a couple of hours and the atmosphere was brilliant
You did really well to run such a smooth event with so many competitors

Well done to everyone involved

Maddy
03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Such a chilled out day relaxing in Chris,s tent,it was like camping out with your mates and racing too,Never seemed a rush moment,everyone knew what they were doing which made it a very well run day.
Gutted i didnt win a cupcake but maybe next year.

Cremegg
03-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Agreed maddy, great day in chris's tent and a great day all around
Well done to everyone involved :)

phil c
05-06-2013, 07:55 AM
I would have loved to be there stu and show my respects for roger ,but I'm away in turkey at the moment, sorry

Chopster
05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
I think its a cert we'll be doing this again - it was a big hit.

Though in truth the atmosphere Carl (and others) mentioned wasn't down to us - it came from the drivers. I heard more than a few people during the day finishing sentences with 'but it doesn't really matter today cos its all for fun'.

Its the whole idea of a big meeting with no championship or kudos at stake, just a few cupcakes that really brought out the best in everyone there.


Si, I think you have to sort out your priorities? Championship and Kudos ranking above cupcakes???? I don't think so.. you got this all wrong :thumbsup:

It was a great day, thanks to all involved

diago999
07-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Cup cakes, or victory cakes as I like to call them, were very tasty I had a really good time, so thanks to all the organisers and bakers! :)

Holden1979
07-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Si was just wondering do we know how much money was raised for the dogs trust

Gavin Collingwood
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
I would say 120 drivers X £10 a pop would be a good guess plus the butty man

birdy
07-06-2013, 02:09 PM
The total was £1050, we didn't have the full 120 drivers.

I would like to think as it was for charity and we turned drivers away, the ones who didn't turn up would still pay.

Si Coe
07-06-2013, 02:13 PM
We didn't have the full 120 on the day, we only got 105. So in terms of drivers we raised just over a grand. However I've had a few other people in contact who couldn't make it but offered donations, plus a few of our sponsors offered donations. Not all the promised money has come in yet so its hard to give a final total but I think £1200 is the target.

birdy
07-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Bury club are also making a donation.

Holden1979
07-06-2013, 07:27 PM
That's a great amount for a great charity , well done to everyone