PDA

View Full Version : NEAM Regional - 29th 30th June


chrispattinson
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Dear all,
Our outdoor camping and fun fest weekender will soon be upon us. Fun racing on a grass track for all abilities.

Caravans welcome
BBQs welcome

Location is confirmed as Gypsies Green Stadium - South Shields
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=gypsies+green+south+shields+maps&hl=en&ll=54.995355,-1.408224&spn=0.003853,0.014012&num=10&hq=gypsies+green+south+shields&t=h&z=16


Hope the attendance is good, looking forward to some great RC action for all abilities through out the field.

There'll be lots of help available to beginners from more experienced racers, and no doubt, some bargains to be had from people trading their gear!

Venue is booked, Im working on insurance, police, fire ... and new for this year .... terrorism and bomb threats action plans. By the way, Neil ..... your down for reuniting lost children with their parents.

Any way ... what we need to think about:

Trailer or Luton van hire. I volunteer to tow a legal trailer.
Lawn mowers
Volunteers (Friday track building)
Access to the Youth Centre garage on the Friday
A big banner?

Comments?

Steven Forster
03-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Dear all,
Our outdoor camping and fun fest weekender will soon be upon us. Fun racing on a grass track for all abilities.

Caravans welcome
BBQs welcome

Location is confirmed as Gypsies Green Stadium - South Shields
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=gypsies+green+south+shields+maps&hl=en&ll=54.995355,-1.408224&spn=0.003853,0.014012&num=10&hq=gypsies+green+south+shields&t=h&z=16


Hope the attendance is good, looking forward to some great RC action for all abilities through out the field.

There'll be lots of help available to beginners from more experienced racers, and no doubt, some bargains to be had from people trading their gear!

Venue is booked, Im working on insurance, police, fire ... and new for this year .... terrorism and bomb threats action plans. By the way, Neil ..... your down for reuniting lost children with their parents.

Any way ... what we need to think about:

Trailer or Luton van hire. I volunteer to tow a legal trailer.
Lawn mowers
Volunteers (Friday track building)
Access to the Youth Centre garage on the Friday
A big banner?

Comments?

Alright Chris,

I will open the club/garage up on the friday and will help with the track build, just let me know what time and i will be there !!! :D

AfroP
03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
I can see about maybe taking a half day to finish at 12:30 and be 13:30.
If somebody can pick me up and drop me off happy to help out

AfroP
04-06-2013, 08:05 AM
aww crap. ok so I cant take a half day on the friday. i'm on a course

chrispattinson
08-06-2013, 08:43 AM
So ... I now have my holiday in from work on the Friday.
Please stick your name in this thread if you can help.

Anyone have any luck with a trailer before I look at hiring?
Or a petrol lawn mower?

chrispattinson
17-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Ok, Van hire booked. £160 for Friday to Monday for a luton with tail lift.
I'll book the lawn mower tonight, £20 per mower.

We need a track plan review one night this week or next at Gypsies Green. I have an idea for the track, but want it checked and the site reviewed.

Jeff / Barry / Dex / Chris, you guys are the furthest away, if you're interested in seeing the venue prior to track building, let's get a night sorted.

Myself, Neil, Pack, Keith, Mike are all local, and can probably make most nights.

chrispattinson
24-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Agenda for Friday 28th
9AM I will pick the van up
9:45 Go to Seaham to load van (Dex can I meet you there)? - Any volunteers welcome
11:00 @ Gypsies Green, to unload, and meet council worker to do first cut of grass.
11:30 I will go to pick up rented lawn mower. Is anyone avilable to keep an eye on the gear while go for the lawn mower?
12:00 - til late ....cut grass & Build track

nobby
24-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi Chris I should be free to come along, and lend a hand.
I'll meet you at gypsies green at about 11am if that's ok?

Cheers Chris Clarke

chrispattinson
24-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

Steven Forster
24-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Ok, Van hire booked. £160 for Friday to Monday for a luton with tail lift.
I'll book the lawn mower tonight, £20 per mower.

We need a track plan review one night this week or next at Gypsies Green. I have an idea for the track, but want it checked and the site reviewed.

Jeff / Barry / Dex / Chris, you guys are the furthest away, if you're interested in seeing the venue prior to track building, let's get a night sorted.

Myself, Neil, Pack, Keith, Mike are all local, and can probably make most nights.

Agenda for Friday 28th
9AM I will pick the van up
9:45 Go to Seaham to load van (Dex can I meet you there)? - Any volunteers welcome
11:00 @ Gypsies Green, to unload, and meet council worker to do first cut of grass.
11:30 I will go to pick up rented lawn mower. Is anyone avilable to keep an eye on the gear while go for the lawn mower?
12:00 - til late ....cut grass & Build track

Alright chris, yeah I should be in the area around that time so will meet you there ;)

As for looking at track ideas / setup during the week, just let me know when your all meeting up and I will be through ;)


Cheers

Shifta
24-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I'll be there as soon as I finish work @ 12.30.
Neil sent me some pictures so I don't think I need to come over for a look but definitely think we need to take our rostrum..

chrispattinson
24-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Ok, lets go over to Gypsies Green tomorrow night (Tuesday) @ 8pm for a look.
Chris.

Steven Forster
24-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Ok, lets go over to Gypsies Green tomorrow night (Tuesday) @ 8pm for a look.
Chris.

:thumbsup:

chrispattinson
24-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure we need the rostrum, as the East end of the stadium offers great elevation over an area ideal for the track (much higher than a rostrum, and very close to potential track) , and also the greatest shelter from sea breeze:
Tarmac + grass + swept dirt ??

The following photo is taken from the potential "rostrum"

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o793/pattinsonchris/IMG_20130609_140312_zps32c1e2e2.jpg (http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/pattinsonchris/media/IMG_20130609_140312_zps32c1e2e2.jpg.html)

The photo doesnt do the elevation or scale justice.

Anyway, let's assess tomorrow night.

mr emily
25-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I'll be there tonight Tuesday, i dont think we need a rostrum!

I've been to have a look there is lots of height.

keith

AfroP
25-06-2013, 12:38 PM
what tires will we be needing for this?
with a mixture of surfaces, is yellow mini spikes still the way forward?
BB greens if wet

chrispattinson
25-06-2013, 12:48 PM
what tires will we be needing for this?
with a mixture of surfaces, is yellow mini spikes still the way forward?
BB greens if wet

Yes Paul, can't beat a good multi surface track.

It's going to be anyone's guess as to what will work .... I think yellow minispikes will be good, that's what I plan to use.

And as for the wet ... that'll never happen :thumbsup:

N7ELA
25-06-2013, 04:00 PM
I'll be there tonight Tuesday, i dont think we need a rostrum!

I've been to have a look there is lots of height.

keith

2 points to note,

We're not using anything other than grass,

and we are taking the rostrum which we'll set up on the track.

mr emily
25-06-2013, 05:15 PM
The grass is flat, a football pitch, we need lump or two. There are some existing features we could use!


keith

chrispattinson
25-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Let's have a look tonight, and decide as a democracy.
It's not often we get the chance for multi surface. Some tracks spend a lot getting these three surfaces into a track, so let's utilise what is available. I'll bring my car tonight to see how it drives.
Let's also consider that Teesside is 100% grass.

corkyjohnson75
25-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I finish at 1 Friday but gota go to the docs at 3.30 so I carnt help at all . But al help pack up Sunday and unload at the other end .

chrispattinson
25-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Cheers Paul. Sunday packing up is always the killer.

chrispattinson
25-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Please vote on our track poll on the North East thread.
Going live soon.

Hulk
25-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Like the idea of using a small area of swept dirt, not so keen on using tarmac as it kills tyres.

Surely we need a rostrum, a track doesn't look complete without one.

Just my opinion, but sure you guys will put on a great layout.

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Craig

chrispattinson
27-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Race control:

There's a rumour Bill Allison is our race director. Can someone confirm this?
And do we have a tent for race control?

I will bring my generator and fuel to power race control.

Steven Forster
27-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Race control:

There's a rumour Bill Allison is our race director. Can someone confirm this?
And do we have a tent for race control?

I will bring my generator and fuel to power race control.

Ive got one i could bring if need be chris, just let me know as its a canny size at 3mx3m and i'll chuck it in the bus ???

:D

Shifta
27-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Race control:

There's a rumour Bill Allison is our race director. Can someone confirm this?
And do we have a tent for race control?

I will bring my generator and fuel to power race control.

Bill will be there.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

chrispattinson
27-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Dex, bring that tent.

Ive just bought line paint.
Has anyone got wood screws?
And is it the hardboard , really thin bendy stuff I need to buy?