PDA

View Full Version : Hello and tyres


danielc3009
12-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi
I'm thinking of racing at you club and thought I'd say hello and ask some questions. Do you still use the proline caliber or bowtie tyres? Where's the best place to buy tyres and what does the M3 or M4 mean?
Thanks

jcb
12-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Yes proline calibers and bowties are still the control tire. You should be able to get them from any model shop that has an account with CML Distribution. You could try Anglia Model Centre or Pegasus Models, which are both local, otherwise mail order from the likes of DMS or JE Spares would be a good place to start.

At present we haven't done much racing on the dirt track as it is in need of a little tlc for racing 1/10 scale buggies.

We do also race on a grass track and would recommend schumacher mini spikes in yellow compound for the dry and Ballistic buggy spikes in green for the wet.

Keep an eye out as there are plans afoot for some evening racing to fit in between our normal sunday race days.

danielc3009
13-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks jcb

I'll try Pegasus models as there close. I don't think I can make it there in the evenings. Hopefully I'll be starting next month, what the first race date in july?

Dandare
13-06-2013, 06:35 PM
We should be racing on the 14th & 28th of July :)