PDA

View Full Version : Next Meeting Thursday 20th June 2013


Dudders
17-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Gates from 6.30pm.

Normal fun and relaxed Thursday night :thumbsup:

I'm in the hot seat :p

shaunr
17-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Umm room for one more in the xray a final??
1st outing with the xray. Should be fun!!
See ya then. :thumbsup:

Woodbine
17-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Looking to improve myself as well... I'll be there and fingers crossed with James not going I'm going to see if I can borrow his table :)

Dudders
17-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Buy your own at the Range in Aldershot, about £25 I think :thumbsup:

Kelk
17-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm in with the second outing of the xray - assuming it lasts longer than the 40 seconds at the regional

absolute alignment
17-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Gates from 6.30pm.

Normal fun and relaxed Thursday night :thumbsup:

I'm in the hot seat :p

Club car booked for Danny boy franklin (20 years out and making a comeback back, sounds familiar! ) if any one has a spare stick radio to put in club car please bring it oh he may get confused with the modern wheel thing!

I will also be there as have given up full size motorsport after the spa weekend caused nearly £10k of damage so I want to stick to a cheep sport from now on.

Woodbine
17-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Just a thought... The date seems to be wrong on this heading if this is for Thursday and not Sunday :)

Owhitehouse
17-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Ill be there to but with a freshly charged lipo pack in my transmitter this time !!

Dudders
17-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Club car booked for Danny boy franklin (20 years out and making a comeback back, sounds familiar! ) if any one has a spare stick radio to put in club car please bring it oh he may get confused with the modern wheel thing!

I will also be there as have given up full size motorsport after the spa weekend caused nearly £10k of damage so I want to stick to a cheep sport from now on.


Sounds very painfull mate, even budget motors ports can be expensive. I can get the club car working on sticks if your mate is worth it! Might need to charge for my time and servo tape :cry::p

gwesty
17-06-2013, 05:17 PM
I will try and get over to help the Xray drives out , won't be racing myself as I'm at Broxtowe national from Friday

Kelk
17-06-2013, 06:26 PM
I do need to get the 2 hole pistons drilled out - currently running the 3 hole variants but if you could give my car the once over Glenn I will owe you beers

neil_p
17-06-2013, 07:40 PM
I do need to get the 2 hole pistons drilled out - currently running the 3 hole variants but if you could give my car the once over Glenn I will owe you beers

What size drill do you need Chris as I can bring you some if needed?

gwesty
17-06-2013, 07:44 PM
No probs , will bring the gear

SamRCRacing
17-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Ill be down :thumbsup:

Dudders
17-06-2013, 08:24 PM
I will try and get over to help the Xray drives out , won't be racing myself as I'm at Broxtowe national from Friday


As I'm running the race meeting you can be my pit bitch for a bit! M ESC needs a Gweek too :thumbsup:

Woodbine
17-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I do need to get the 2 hole pistons drilled out - currently running the 3 hole variants but if you could give my car the once over Glenn I will owe you beers

Same goes for me please :)

dobber
17-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Looks like I'll be on my jack jones with the Vega, well if I can get it completed in time.

Vrg1
17-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Have you finally got your vega lol what a mess ;)

dobber
18-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Have you finally got your vega lol what a mess ;)

Button it you Vega turncoat ;)

Yes it has finally been sent. Should be delivered home by special delivery this morning. Only problem is that there will be nobody at home after 9ish. Great!!!:cry:

Vrg1
18-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Looks like you'll have to wait another day before the build commences :)

dobber
18-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes indeed i will. Tried to be delivered at 10.30 but nobody home, that means no chance of getting it ready for Thursday as im out on Wednesday evening. :thumbdown:

Massive Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dudders
18-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Should have sent it to my gaff in North Camp mate, they're always there 8.00am to 5.30pm.

Oh we'll, C final for you again then! :o;):wub

dobber
18-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Won't be in a final, car is stripped ready to swap over. Joy of joys! :thumbdown:

Dudders
18-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Do me a favour then, come and run the meeting :thumbsup: save me from doing Thursday and Sunday, can tinker with the 'ray then :woot:

SamRCRacing
18-06-2013, 05:53 PM
What happened to the H2 Pro then Neil? :p

shaunr
18-06-2013, 06:38 PM
He's seen the way forward!!
When you ordering yours then sam? :lol:

SamRCRacing
18-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Never... I hope :p

shaunr
18-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Never... I hope :p

We'll see about that! :lol:

Dr_UpGrade
18-06-2013, 06:46 PM
LOL, solidarity in the 'non' X-ray camp!! vive le difference I say!

Alas I can't make it thursday, but should be about sunday for some 2 and 4wd action... (in the rain?!!) in the summer series...

Have fun...

SamRCRacing
18-06-2013, 06:51 PM
We'll see about that! :lol:

Haha, trying the Xray 'thing' on my lazer and it has worked so far.

Dudders
18-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Be in the rain tomorrow as well Mark.

Dr_UpGrade
18-06-2013, 07:11 PM
LOL, we just had summer then eh!

Ah well, think of all the additional practice you will all have from thursday for sunday! Well, thats my excuse for the b final on sunday anyhow!!! :confused::p

Kelk
18-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Is there any chance of non-rain? I don't mean dry but I do mean not hanging around in the falling down kinda water

absolute alignment
19-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Is there any chance of non-rain? I don't mean dry but I do mean not hanging around in the falling down kinda water

Forcast said some showers rather than rain.

Richyboy1974
19-06-2013, 01:15 PM
BBC Weather '....the afternoon gradually become dry and brighter from the south'

Lets hope seeing as it's going to be my first outing on the track! :cry:

Rich

Dudders
20-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Results online now for all meetings in June at the SHRCCC website.

Well done to all the newbies tonight, great to see now and old blood taking up the hobby!

See you Sunday :thumbsup:

Dudders
21-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Superb night in the barmy sun at Surrey and Hants last night, superb turnout of nearly 30 drivers again, soon we'll top 30 but that would mean only three rounds of heats so its all good where it is! Plenty of new rides out last night, Dudders, Shaun R and McCabe with the X-ray, Hedger with the Vega Gen 3 RB6 and I think all in all everyone went home happy.

Chris Ellis TQ'd from McCabe and Dudders, with Hedger just managing to keep up with the Vega boys. Chris didn't run finals to concentrate on commentary so it was a X-ray front row, Vega 3rd and Salvo in 4th with the Durango 210.

In the A Final Jimmy McCabe went for glory, dropping a pinion size and putting fresh rubber on the rear, which worked well as he disappeared into the distance leaving Dudders to cruise round in 2nd conserving his position and gap to Hedger in 3rd.

B final was a strange affair. Pole man Chris James lead half the first lap then a mistake on the triple dropped him back to last, never to recover. Tit Whittaker (22) came up from the back of the grid to somehow take the lead and never look back. The main battle for the race was 2nd between Alex Howe (22) , Sam Harris (B44.1 Hybrid) and Stu Aggett (22). Alex made a few few mistakes leaving Sam and Stu to take the lower spoils. Special mention to Richard Clifton on making the B final on his first meeting back after 15 years out in the Yokomo, well done.

C Final was a cracking close race, Dave Westwood (C4.1) just holding off Neil Richardson (22) by 0.11 with another newbie returnee of Dave Laycock (22).

Close racing throughout, good banter and good skills by all. Thanks to Chris for running.

GoDaveGo
21-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks to all for a cracking night racing. Help from fellow racers got my throttle sorted and a pack of cells charged in time for last qualifying to get some laps under my thumbs before the C final. Chuffed to finish my first final at SHRCCC on the podium and glad the 22 is built like a tank after having a few big cartwheels dusting off the cobwebs! :woot:

See you Thursday! :thumbsup:

Kelk
21-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Pole man Chris James lead half the first lap then a mistake on the triple dropped him back to last, never to recover.

I was robbed - robbed I tells ya!

Got back to 4th and was setting fastest lap after fastest lap.

And as for the A - final what can I say?

Well it was won by Earasure's front man and following his behind (ooops was that a typo) was Beaker from the muppets!