PDA

View Full Version : Club got a mention on Tower FM!


Chrislong
20-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Listening to Tower FM in the office, top 9 at 9 this morning. The lady says "The year of these songs were in the charts were the years these things happened" and she proceed to reel off a few things including "This was the year Bury Metro Radio Car Club was formed".

The next song was Kenny Loggins - Footloose, which was 1984.

So they're also wrong. Back then your club was Bury Model Shop Buggy Club, it became Bury Metro in the early 90's when Bury Model Shop & Steve Glover was no longer involved.

Anyway, nice to hear you guys get a mention. :thumbsup:

Darren Wales
20-06-2013, 07:48 PM
They do say there is no such thing as bad publicity, wrong dates or otherwise.

Did they tell people where we are and to come down and have a go?

Gavin Collingwood
20-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Doubt it, sounds like it was just local facts to help
Listeners guess the year.

Darren Wales
20-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Well, I shall call up tower fm tomorrow and ask them to publish a bit more detail!

Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. :thumbsup:

Chrislong
21-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Defo worth a go calling them for publicity. Like Gavin said, just a clue for the year, no additional info added.
Infact when I heard "Bury Metro Radio Car Club" mentioned my first thoughtfor a split second was "ive never heard of that taxi company", then the cogs in my head moved and I realised it was the RC car club :)

I wondered when I heard it, where they found the info, or if perhaps somebody at Tower FM raced RC cars at Bury.

Darren Wales
21-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Defo worth a go calling them for publicity. Like Gavin said, just a clue for the year, no additional info added.
Infact when I heard "Bury Metro Radio Car Club" mentioned my first thoughtfor a split second was "ive never heard of that taxi company", then the cogs in my head moved and I realised it was the RC car club :)

I wondered when I heard it, where they found the info, or if perhaps somebody at Tower FM raced RC cars at Bury.


Chris,

I sent an email last night and got a speedy response from a nice lady who said she would pass it on to the main man, so fingers crossed we may get a plug soon. As an avid listener keep your ears pricked up!:thumbsup:

Darren

Chrislong
21-06-2013, 12:01 PM
As an avid listener keep your ears pricked up!:thumbsup:



Only listen at work while the boss is away, and he returns on Monday :(