View Full Version : **Another track maintenance morning. Sunday 30th June **
Darren Wales
23-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Fella's
Although the last request 3 weeks ago got loads of hose filled by the few that turned up, we do still have a few manual jobs to tidy the track up a bit for the up coming regional so i plan we meet at the track next Sunday 30th June from 9am. I anticipate the championship round in a fortnight will be busier than past with some having a last minute test before the regional the week later so would like these done before the championship meeting.. ;)
To do..
Strim back all the weeds. (Oil needed for strimmer)
Buy industrial strength weed killer and put down on track weeds.
Buy extra megaphone speaker for top corner of track, to improve range.
Buy waterproof box for speaker connector and fit top corner.
Lay down speaker wire permanently to top corner and connect to box above.
Buy splitter(s) for speaker wires.
Speak council about getting permanent bin installed behind cabins or purchase bin barrel.
Spray grid markings on top straight.
Re spray features.
Now this is not a lot of work for half a dozen people and would take a couple of hours to complete, so if you can spare a couple of hours next Sunday, please reply on here and specify what you would be happy to assist with from the list.
As a reward for helpers, there is a free meetings racing in it for all that turn up. :thumbsup:
(That doesn't include the regional meeting though :lol:)
Thanks in advance
Darren
Chairman
BMRCC
Gavin Collingwood
23-06-2013, 10:17 PM
You may be more likely to get people on a Saturday as Sunday for most is a race day. Even if bmrcc isn't open
birdy
24-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I should be able to make it down on Sunday, 9am is good for me.
As for weed killer, Round up is very good, the Farmer at the nitro track always used it with good results.
Do we already have a sprayer to put the weed killer in??
Darren Wales
24-06-2013, 07:48 PM
I should be able to make it down on Sunday, 9am is good for me.
As for weed killer, Round up is very good, the Farmer at the nitro track always used it with good results.
Do we already have a sprayer to put the weed killer in??
Nice one birdy. I'm reliably informed by Mark who checked yesterday that we do have a sprayer. I seem to remember Roger using one too!
This refil will do the job me thinks, or should I get 2? http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-care-watering/pest-weed-control/weed_control/Roundup-Weedkiller-Pump-n-Go-Refill-5L-10777787?skuId=11268373
Gav, don't make excuses, make the effort!
Gavin Collingwood
24-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I'll happily come on Saturday but Sunday is a racing day and I'll probably be racing somewhere, if there's anything I can do on Saturday I'll happily do it I.e dig up the big weeds ect so it's one less job for you on sunday
budfish
24-06-2013, 11:08 PM
My mrs is working so won't be able to make it as I've got the kids:thumbdown:
Darren Wales
26-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I'll happily come on Saturday but Sunday is a racing day and I'll probably be racing somewhere, if there's anything I can do on Saturday I'll happily do it I.e dig up the big weeds ect so it's one less job for you on sunday
Gav, if you can get down on Saturday and pull up those weeds around the track on the car park and around the perimeter and start with some more in the bottom left corner if you get chance, then anything you do will be a bonus and yes, some less for us to do on Sunday.:thumbsup:
I'm going to get a couple of bottles of weed killer to put down on the track weeds for spraying after we've given them a bit of a trim with the strimmer.
Buds, I'm bringing my boys, but they will just be booting a football around the fields to keep them occupied.
Anyone else freeing themselves up to get down for a couple of hours this Sunday morning? Come on guys, many hands and all that! :D
Critch
26-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I will come and lend a hand,
budfish
26-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Cool ill come down then
Chris Elworthy
27-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Sorry lads can't make it this time, I'm working all day Saturday and Sunday.
Chris
budfish
29-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Jonny gibbon isn't coming tomorrow and he is ment to be track foreman!!!!! Says he is going racing at southport!!
What you think lads ?
coleman758
30-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Track foreman not at the track maintenance day?? :confused::confused:
Something not right there boys
Gavin Collingwood
30-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Jonny gibbon isn't coming tomorrow and he is ment to be track foreman!!!!! Says he is going racing at southport!!
What you think lads ?
Er you'll find that's self titled track foreman, as my title says.... Bmrcc duct tape operator. Pah!
Track foreman wasn't there for 2 hours today breaking his back digging up weeds today was he?? And won't be back there tomorrow to get rid of the rest? No..... Nice easy job doing a bit of painting....
#trackskiever
johnnygibbon
30-06-2013, 07:46 AM
It's ok fellas I'm not even around enough to race at bury regular nowadays any way , worked the last two Sundays and won't be able to make the next meeting either and possibly not the one after that , so your right I don't think I've really got time to race let alone contribute to the club ( as I have for the last few years ) I think foremans job has been passed to buds , the way he was going on last night I think he's ready to be the entire committee so make sure you all let him no he's now officially bmrcc committee ( once hes actually joined the club this year )
Coleman you should be committee again , people would probly start to foolishly trust you and pay to have shells not painted again
Gav I'm glad you no what hard work feels like on bury track at last ,
and you also no what it's like to go racing regular to ( wish I did) see you at southport ....
Johnny
Ex foreman
budfish
30-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Put your dummy back in
Si Coe
30-06-2013, 08:13 AM
You'll find the race controller won't be at either session so having a role means very little.
Bit disappointed at the number of Bury racers going to be at Southport today. I know I'm not at the track maintenance session but at least its because I'm doing family stuff so I'm free for Bury weekends. If you can go to Southport you can fix up Bury....
Edit - to be fair to Johnny though he hasn't been around much lately, so if he's got a Sunday to race at last I can see why he's not doing track work.
Big Show
30-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Unfortunatly can't make it today, I have to do some work on my bathroom to keep the missus happy. Went to the track yesterday when gavin was their and put the stencils for the track in the equipment cabin. Gavin should be bringing back the strimmer and blower after we got them running yesterday.
See you all next Sunday
Gavin Collingwood
30-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Fair play johnny, those stencils worked out nice. We have a grid at last! We had to paint by hand in the end as spray paint just doesn't get into the astro enough. The numbers are painted and waiting to dry before we put the grids around the numbers. It's looking good,
Big thanks to those who gave up some time to help, we got SO much done, the track looks a million times better now! Hopefully the weed killer will start to kick in in the next few days and we can remove the small bits of weed that remain.
Darren Wales
30-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Fair play johnny, those stencils worked out nice. We have a grid at last! We had to paint by hand in the end as spray paint just doesn't get into the astro enough. The numbers are painted and waiting to dry before we put the grids around the numbers. It's looking good,
Big thanks to those who gave up some time to help, we got SO much done, the track looks a million times better now! Hopefully the weed killer will start to kick in in the next few days and we can remove the small bits of weed that remain.
Johnny, not like you to bite pal! I know you have been working away a lot recently and not been racing, so your entitled to get some track time in today at southport. :)
Myself, Gavin, Rob and even a newbie that hasn't even raced yet, Paul, started the morning off well, until the strimmer seized. :blush: quick trip to B & Q had us back strimming with a new one. Purchased by Mr Chairman (with a receipt for the accounts) we all dug in and quickly got some much needed long grass removed. Myself and Paul continued with the long weeds along the fence lines, whilst Gav and Rob got spreading the weed killer and making a start on painting the grid numbers.
We were then aided by a couple more hands, in the form of Chris and Alan Reed and then The Pitman Eddie, Josh and Luke came along to help too!
Big thank you to all that came, we certainly worked hard and got rid of most of unsightly weeds around the track fence as well as those on the track. Those weeds still left on the track, well, it's off road so no complainers please! :thumbsup:
Some more sweeping of the track may very well be needed before the next meeting on Sunday but there are plenty of brushes for those that can turn up 30 mins earlier than they usually do.
Enjoy next Sunday and I'll see you in a fortnight at the regional. :thumbsup:
Darren
Gavin Collingwood
30-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Bad news, rob mill has just informed me that a load of kids on their bikes have been on the track and the wet paint is now everywhere!! Stupid bloody kids!!
Darren Wales
30-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Bad news, rob mill has just informed me that a load of kids on their bikes have been on the track and the wet paint is now everywhere!! Stupid bloody kids!!
That had better be a joke? :cry:
Gavin Collingwood
30-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Afraid not, I'm pissed off! Stupid scrotey kids!
budfish
30-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Johnny, not like you to bite pal!
Darren
Think the photo message of me mooning while drunk in my kitchen last night might have broke him!!!:D plus I told him he was a TURD!!
budfish
30-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Bad news, rob mill has just informed me that a load of kids on their bikes have been on the track and the wet paint is now everywhere!! Stupid bloody kids!!
Proberbly looks like Johnny painted it now then:woot:
johnnygibbon
30-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Kids on bikes
Council should build em a track of there own
And we can race on it see how they like it
Darren you'd bite to if you received the abuse I was getting of buds last night the picture messages were the worst ......,,traumatic
Glad the stencils worked shame about kids though
Hope I can make the regional and see how it looks
Good work fellas
Critch
30-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Aww man thats cruddy, you guys worked really hard today, Gavin spent ages on the grid,.(Pretty sure there is a joke in that) ;-)
Was looking much better as I left, than in the morning when I arrived,
Will have mooch down to see how bad it is in the morning when I drop the rug rat off. At school,
And post some pictures,
But on a positive was looking really good. ;-)
Critch
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Just been for a look,
It's a shame, as it looks really good, but it sounds worse cannot really see it from the podium,
I also took some binbags to the tip, just 3 left will pick them up tomorrow morning,
Round up is working so prob just a couple of hrs left just to go n scrape it up,
Looks really good though
Gavin Collingwood
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Do you reckon if we just went over the numbers again, the bike marks would just wear away over time?
This time we'll leave signs wet paint. Not that it'll work but maybe the little shits may ride around them? Worth a try ...
budfish
01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Just needs doing on a hot day and guarding for a hour
Critch
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
The numbers are fine, its just a shame as they have spoilt it, but it's not too bad
I will post some pictures tonight,
Critch
01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
moved the Last of the bin bags,
heres the mess :thumbdown:
Gavin Collingwood
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
That's not even that bad. Rob mills you're such a exaggerator
Chris B
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
moved the Last of the bin bags,
heres the mess :thumbdown:
Looks alright from the pic. Good job.
Gavin Collingwood
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Have the numbers now dried Paul?
Critch
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeh Gavin they were dry this morning,
Darren Wales
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Nice job Gavin.
Will look well once we've put the grid around all the numbers too!
Not as bad as I'd feared after the first message. Cheers Paul.
Darren
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.