PDA

View Full Version : Steering a BK2?


Snakesonaplayne6
15-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to get more steering (ie; setups mod's, etc.) out of my Losi Bk2? I already added the rack steering configuration from my xxx-cr, but it didn't seem to help enough, what else can I do? any help would be much appreciated.

jono83
15-08-2008, 09:36 AM
if you post your current setup now we would be able to help you more

Kopite
15-08-2008, 09:46 AM
the CR rear end will help with more steering :)

Stu
15-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Do you have extra weight in the front?

I'm not sure if they still do, but the 'team' lads were running brass bulkheads up front to add a fair bit of mass to the front end.
Lead under the bumper or stuck to the nose peice will have a similar effect. 20 gramms would be a good start point.

It will give you more steering all round - and particularly power on steering.

There are about 4 million other things you can do also, just try stuff and see what happens.

Snakesonaplayne6
15-08-2008, 10:41 PM
the CR rear end will help with more steering :)
What part of it exactly will help?

ben
15-08-2008, 10:43 PM
What part of it exactly will help?

Think its wishbones and hubs. But dont quote me on that!

Snakesonaplayne6
15-08-2008, 10:53 PM
if you post your current setup now we would be able to help you more

Front;
O deg. of toe
arms below level
no sway bar
spindle low
outer ballstud, b
vla, short
inner ballstud, 1
axle spacer, wide
upper shock,3
lower shock, middle
camber, 2 degrees

Rear;
toe, o deg.
level axle
rear hub spacing, rear
low wing
upper shock, 1
lower shock, middle
inner ballstud, 2
outer ballstud, b
camber, -3 degrees

thats my set-up as far as what I regularly change.

Snakesonaplayne6
15-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Think its wishbones and hubs. But dont quote me on that!

Thanks, I'll swap out the ones on my cr. Be back in an hour with results!

Snakesonaplayne6
16-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Do you have extra weight in the front?

I'm not sure if they still do, but the 'team' lads were running brass bulkheads up front to add a fair bit of mass to the front end.
Lead under the bumper or stuck to the nose peice will have a similar effect. 20 gramms would be a good start point.

It will give you more steering all round - and particularly power on steering.

There are about 4 million other things you can do also, just try stuff and see what happens.

Where can I get a brass bulkhead?

Stu
16-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Were they were made specially for the team - im not 100% on that.

Lead will do just fine.

niggs98
16-08-2008, 08:06 AM
i got mine from here, they do a range of different materials to get different weights

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/95/acratech-bulkheads-for-losi/

Snakesonaplayne6
16-08-2008, 08:22 AM
i got mine from here, they do a range of different materials to get different weights

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/95/acratech-bulkheads-for-losi/

Thanks a s**t ton man, that makes my life a lot easier!

tyreman
16-08-2008, 09:07 AM
i got mine from here, they do a range of different materials to get different weights

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/95/acratech-bulkheads-for-losi/

I wouldn't mind it back either, as i only lent it to you:eh?:

niggs98
16-08-2008, 11:02 AM
pm sent