View Full Version : B4.1 Servo recommend
Critch
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi I am fairly new to all this,
I race in the uk outside on Carpet at the local club Bury Goshen, n need a new servo,
Was looking about the £50 mark,
I have no idea what I should be looking for in regards for kg &. .13 sec means nothing to me,
Any help greatly recived.
Burty248
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Kg is the torque that the servo has ie how much force the servo puts into the steering. sec rating is time for servo to turn so lower number quicker the servo and faster steering.
what you should look for is any thing with metal gears so that the servo will last longer and take the front end hits. I suggest look at your current servo and look to improve upon it ie buy one thats metal geared and quicker.
You could get a nice savox servo for around 50. A savox is good one to go with, a brand which many people use and trust.
Critch
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
So would this be too slow then and a bit over killing
Savox SC-1232SG Steel Geared Digital Servo (22kg/0.13sec)
PaulFarrand
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I would go with one of these.
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/radios/servos/savox/savox-sc-1258-standard-size-coreless-digital-servo.html
Run them in both my 2/4wd. strong as an ox and very reliable.:thumbsup:
Burty248
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
So would this be too slow then and a bit over killing
Savox SC-1232SG Steel Geared Digital Servo (22kg/0.13sec)
that servo is designed for the bigger 1/8 buggys the savox 1258 would be better suited to the b4.
Critch
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Many thanks ;-)
gazhillAE
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Team associated 1015!!
All the top AE drivers use them
I've actually got one if you want it
Pm me
Lee1972
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
:thumbsup:
Critch
02-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the offer Gaz,
But I think I am picking up a new savox 1258 tomorrow,
Thanks for all the help n advice
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.