View Full Version : Core 5008 1/12 servo..opinions?
southern racer
15-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi
Has anyone tried the Core 5008 1/12 servo in a Mardabe or Superstox?
Any good? Fast? Smooth? Precise?
Also does anyone know if any issues running them on 4.8v nimh or 1s lipo? Any issues with power draw / outages ? Need a capacitor on r/x etc?
Many thanks in advance
Not sure what the number is but I've got the 12th one,
It's a very good servo for the money,I don't know anyone that has fitted one have any problems or say they didn't like it,
JimboJames1972
15-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi,
Again, I have had no personal experience of that particular model but I know a couple of guys who have. Their feedback has been all positive - for the money you get a small, light and perfectly functional servo. Simples.
James
southern racer
16-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Thanks chaps.
neallewis
16-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Mine has been spot on. Small and light, but seems strong and fast. I replaced a savox 1251 and its better in the supastox I think, fits better and runs well.
southern racer
16-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Cheers Neal, have used a 1251 in my Mardave also but with Spektrum radio gear and nimhs was a bit suspectable to browning out even with a capacitor.
neallewis
16-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I didn't have any such problems with my 1251, but have seen others. I'd say the core 5008 is certainty going to draw less power from your BEC and should work better with the Spektrum receiver. Lighter too.
southern racer
16-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Cheers Neal. Can you remember how many teeth spline it is for the servo horn on the Core?
neallewis
16-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Cheers Neal. Can you remember how many teeth spline it is for the servo horn on the Core?
25/Futaba
southern racer
16-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks.. Useful as current kimbrough on their is the same
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.