PDA

View Full Version : Today fri


budfish
19-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Me and Johnny are calling down to goshen today see whats what

Got some bin bags in the car ill pick up some crap left from the regional

Maybe look at where we could propose to add new features (and to set my diff and slipper)

Gavin Collingwood
19-07-2013, 12:23 PM
A three way table top in front of the rostrum would be superb and would give so many options for tracks. For me we need more level changes. It's just too flat.

budfish
19-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Agreed but I think the club is saving up for a brick race control.:confused:

johnnygibbon
19-07-2013, 01:33 PM
I also agree wi gav the track is flat and also I reckon not as universal as first planned
That's problem why people were saying the track at the regional was the same as the previous week
Cos in essence it probably was
Track needs heavily modifying , we've had this bowling green two years now
I'd go as far to say as the old track had more variety of lay

Jumps features and some remodelling rembefore brick clubhouse/ rostron in my opinion any way

NeilRalph77
19-07-2013, 01:42 PM
It's just too flat.

+1

And the cross is too savage, the banked corner a little ineffective and the hop up in the right hand corner is well there's a few things wrong with that either the take off wants to be higher or the face shallower.

But Rogers meet and the regional have still been the best organised and run meetings of the year so well done for that either way.

losichris
19-07-2013, 05:14 PM
If its not broke dont fix it, this is the case for the rostrum and cabin.
As for the track, said at the start of the year it needs a new feature.
Have been going to southport more than id like, just for a change of track.
Theres so much potential for this track, it just needs to be re modelled.
And with this you'll find alot more drivers coming racing, instead of the same faces.

Gavin Collingwood
19-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Guys broxtowe is the same age as our track and now holds nationals and look at it.
http://www.broxtowemcc.org.uk/Hall%20Park/page10/index.html

It's brilliant. I've raced it and its a proper off road track. Level changes, flowing table tips and whoops. This is what bmrcc need to aim for. There's no reason why we can't.
Not that we need to aim to hold nationals but to have our local track a similar level would be superb and would attract more members/racers.
I agree the rostrum isn't a priority, a roof for the rostrum would be more needed, something similar to the welded roof we contructed on the old rostrum would be ideal and reasonably cheap.

birdy
19-07-2013, 08:23 PM
I also think we need more features and mods to old ones, it just wont happen with the level of support the club gets on a track day, seen it too many times before.

budfish
19-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Big three way mound infront of the rostrum, sleeping policemen to be turned into a take of and land deep rutted double, dome in the middle to be re-surfaced in pattern imprinted concrete,and a chicane on the straight(removable).part of the cross removed to make a straight line the make a new fresh parallel line 2 feet apart and smoothed.

I reckon would be a good start! Please give us the money mr committee men:thumbsup:

Gavin Collingwood
19-07-2013, 08:40 PM
My opinion is that we haven't got the time, man power or the expertise to make these changes. And I've spoke to Darren about this. Money isn't the issue so lets advertise on oople for experienced track designers and builders to do it for us. You know try and find out who made Robin Hood raceway dirt, or Broxtowe and see if we can hire people to do it for us. I mean we can't even get people to do a general clean up day so we've no chance getting a big team of people to really change our track ourselves. So I suggest we hire.

losichris
19-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Good call
Committee....your members want this to happen :woot:

Gavin Collingwood
19-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Chris I'm on the committee now, at the next meeting ill be putting forward my ideas. Feel free to come To me with suggestions and ideas and ill try and put them forward
Gav

Si Coe
19-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Whilst I agree with Gav that we are better getting someone in, I still think we need one of our own to project manage it. Its not simply a case of 'we want a jump here' - we need precise details and the whole thing needs testing before we sign off.

Gavin Collingwood
19-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Totally agree we need a meeting to get the ball rolling, best time would be winter while we're not really using the track. Exciting times for bury

madmax
20-07-2013, 07:27 AM
hi im not a club member but a lot of you know me anyway.

I think the best thing to do is to think of the area you have as a blank canvas, map the features out on a pice of paper exactly, speak to other clubs to get ideas,
for me personaly I think the track needs to be spaced little further away from the rostrum.

this is just my opinion.