View Full Version : diff gears for b44
Roubaix
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi . I am using 1 of my old b44.1 for bashing around with and just wondered if any 1 has used the alloy ones that you can get from the USA as I have stripped a few sets now . Yes my slipper is quite tight but u just want the full acceleration so I can drive it like I stole it . Sorry to treat my buggy like this but it's a spare and it is just for bashing now with the other lads
Danny Harrison
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi . I am using 1 of my old b44.1 for bashing around with and just wondered if any 1 has used the alloy ones that you can get from the USA as I have stripped a few sets now . Yes my slipper is quite tight but u just want the full acceleration so I can drive it like I stole it . Sorry to treat my buggy like this but it's a spare and it is just for bashing now with the other lads
I stripped 2 this weekend, I dont think I had them shimmed tight enough. I put 3 shim's outside the bearing on the front left/rear right diff sides to pull the gears together tighter. They were fine after.
Try that first if I were you. They need to be tight was the advise I got.
gazhillAE
05-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I stripped 2 this weekend, I dont think I had them shimmed tight enough. I put 3 shim's outside the bearing on the front left/rear right diff sides to pull the gears together tighter. They were fine after.
Try that first if I were you. They need to be tight was the advise I got.
Slipper too tight and diffs slipping before slipper???
Danny Harrison
06-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Slipper too tight and diffs slipping before slipper???
Nah slipper was set perfect, just bad shimming on my part.
Roubaix
07-08-2013, 06:41 AM
I stripped 2 this weekend, I dont think I had them shimmed tight enough. I put 3 shim's outside the bearing on the front left/rear right diff sides to pull the gears together tighter. They were fine after.
Try that first if I were you. They need to be tight was the advise I got.
Just wondering how the alloy ones would be like ?
Danny Harrison
07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Just wondering how the alloy ones would be like ?
I considered them too. But my thinking is, greater wear due to the harder material. On the gears, diff balls and plates. I think the standard ones are fine if shimmed correctly.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.