PDA

View Full Version : TORCH Summer Series Supported by Schumacher Racing - Sunday 11th August


RobW
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Don't forget the 4th round of the TORCH Summer Series supported by Schumacher Racing is this Sunday 11th August.

Details here:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124037

4 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals for all.

This is the last all day meeting before the BRCA EOS F2/Vets/Juniors meeting.

All very welcome, no pre-booking required.

Cheers

Rob

hotrodchris
05-08-2013, 06:13 PM
gents don't be afraid to turn up apparently rumour has it that the Brown brothers are otherwise committed so anyone could win?:thumbsup::woot:

hazeandfizz
05-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Barker boys will be rolling down to this one, looking forward to running on the great track from last weekend.

James.

bobbin
07-08-2013, 12:22 PM
geared diffs have arrived so i will be there
robin

shaun m
07-08-2013, 08:27 PM
4wd for me , would like to do both classes , but won't have anyone to marshall for me :cry::) ..

are there any shops going this weekend ???

HOTSHOT III
08-08-2013, 07:14 AM
gents don't be afraid to turn up apparently rumour has it that the Brown brothers are otherwise committed so anyone could win?:thumbsup::woot:

Does this mean there won't be any tyres available trackside?

RobW
08-08-2013, 07:15 AM
are there any shops going this weekend ???

Hi Shaun

Unfortunately I do not think we will have any shops in attendance and also Steve is away this Sunday so everyone needs to make sure they have enough tyres with them as there will not be any available trackside.


Rob

hazeandfizz
08-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I normally have a few spare sets of tyres if anyone is really stuck.

James.

Hi Shaun

Unfortunately I do not think we will have any shops in attendance and also Steve is away this Sunday so everyone needs to make sure they have enough tyres with them as there will not be any available trackside.


Rob

RobW
08-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Just spoken to Steve - I'll pick up some of his stock of tyres tonight and bring along on Sunday for anyone that needs some.

Cheers

Rob

Kosmickid
08-08-2013, 11:05 AM
What front tyres do I need do for my Durango DEX210 on Sunday, low profile cut stagger? And, will you have any of those I need?

RobW
09-08-2013, 08:00 AM
What front tyres do I need do for my Durango DEX210 on Sunday, low profile cut stagger? And, will you have any of those I need?

Hi

Yes, have a couple of sets of low profile cut stagger which are the usual choice for the front on 2WDs at TORCH.

Also have plenty of rear yellow minispikes and a few sets of front 2WD yellow minispikes that many people use on the front of their 4WDs.

See you Sunday

Rob

badger5
09-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Going by the weather report BB greens may be the order of the day, but I sincerely hope not as it must change before Sunday

xtreme-rc
09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
hi
ed will have some supplies with him as well
xtreme

bobbin
10-08-2013, 07:19 PM
If anyone coming tomorrow has a camber angle tool I can borrow for five minutes to check the camber angle on my car I would be very grateful.
Cheers
Robin

hotrodchris
10-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Robin
I have one that you can use ask when you book in!

shaun m
10-08-2013, 07:25 PM
If anyone coming tomorrow has a camber angle tool I can borrow for five minutes to check the camber angle on my car I would be very grateful.
Cheers
Robin
come and find me in the morning :)

hotrodchris
10-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Peeps just to make you aware there is a possibility that the burger van might not be there tomorrow as his dad has just been rushed to hospital, he is trying to arrange cover at short notice so hres hoping that he does!

bobbin
10-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Cheers gents

SteveB
11-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Guys how was your day? , did the weather play nice?

Cheers Steve

Belsten
11-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Another great day at TORCH, thanks guys. Was wet in the morning then beautiful sunshine all day :D

forbesy
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Really good day again at torch. Close fast racing and well run so thanks to chris for that.

Great banter under the rudebits gazebo as usual.

Roll on the next one :thumbsup:

Kosmickid
11-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Awesome day!! Was a tad wet in the morning but dried up within a couple of heats and we were treated to fabulous sunshine.

A Few Thank You's:

Shaun M - For the excellent advice on getting the Durango working as it should, although my driving is crap, its massively helped keep my attention on learning to drive rather than coping with a slip slidey car. Cheers!

Alex - For the advice and last minute help with providing me with a servo saver which munched itself before the 3rd Final. Thank You.

Chris & Crew: A really well run meeting with lots of track time and practise and a more challenging new layout.

4WD B Group drivers - Sorry i don't know all your names but Thank You for the little hints, tips and advice. Ade for the tyre suggestions which helped massively.

Forbesy - Thanks for the Hauler bud. Will keep my mum quiet from having my stuff all over he kitchen table ;)

Tony-Rudebits (I think it was) - For the fantastic commentary and I found it quite funny :lol: can you do this every week?

My cheap shite Argos Gazebo launching itself across the track. Thanks to the army that stopped the thing. I should really have pinned it down....oops! Just glad it wasn't during a Heat and no one was hurt.

Not too sure how many peeps know but i have the Cancer and Unfortunately I'm back in Hospital tomorrow for another round of Chemo which does funny things with my hands, feet and coordination but ill sure be fighting at the back of the grid next Sunday.

For the last 6-12 months I have its going to be a fantastic way to help ease the tension, stress and pressure. rebuilding my obliterated car during the weeks keeps me busy and out of trouble :D

Sam

HOTSHOT III
11-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Awesome day!! Was a tad wet in the morning but dried up within a couple of heats and we were treated to fabulous sunshine.

A Few Thank You's:

Shaun M - For the excellent advice on getting the Durango working as it should, although my driving is crap, its massively helped keep my attention on learning to drive rather than coping with a slip slidey car. Cheers!

Alex - For the advice and last minute help with providing me with a servo saver which munched itself before the 3rd Final. Thank You.

Chris & Crew: A really well run meeting with lots of track time and practise and a more challenging new layout.

4WD B Group drivers - Sorry i don't know all your names but Thank You for the little hints, tips and advice. Ade for the tyre suggestions which helped massively.

Forbesy - Thanks for the Hauler bud. Will keep my mum quiet from having my stuff all over he kitchen table ;)

Tony-Rudebits (I think it was) - For the fantastic commentary and I found it quite funny :lol: can you do this every week?

My cheap shite Argos Gazebo launching itself across the track. Thanks to the army that stopped the thing. I should really have pinned it down....oops! Just glad it wasn't during a Heat and no one was hurt.

Not too sure how many peeps know but i have the Cancer and Unfortunately I'm back in Hospital tomorrow for another round of Chemo which does funny things with my hands, feet and coordination but ill sure be fighting at the back of the grid next Sunday.

For the last 6-12 months I have its going to be a fantastic way to help ease the tension, stress and pressure. rebuilding my obliterated car during the weeks keeps me busy and out of trouble :D

Sam

Sam, thank you for letting me share your gazebo when it rained and glad I could help with the servo arm. BTW here is the link for the titanium turnbuckles set that fits the DEX210:

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=102456

Thanks to all at TORCH for yet another well run meeting and an excellent day's racing, also to RudeTony for the hilarious commentary as others have said.

Looking forward to Wednesday when I can have a play with the DEX210:drool:

hazeandfizz
11-08-2013, 11:19 PM
What a brilliant day, close racing with a quality bunch of people.

Nice to be part of such a great club.

Charlie even asked if he can race next time.

Thanks,
James.

Kosmickid
12-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Sam, thank you for letting me share your gazebo when it rained and glad I could help with the servo arm. BTW here is the link for the titanium turnbuckles set that fits the DEX210:

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=102456

Thanks to all at TORCH for yet another well run meeting and an excellent day's racing, also to RudeTony for the hilarious commentary as others have said.

Looking forward to Wednesday when I can have a play with the DEX210:drool:

Your welcome mate. Thanks for the link....absolute bargain!!

hotrodchris
12-08-2013, 07:24 AM
What a brilliant day, close racing with a quality bunch of people.

Nice to be part of such a great club.

Charlie even asked if he can race next time.

Thanks,
James.

James he's more than welcome but could you stand the competition?

LOL

Briangb
12-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Awesome day!! Was a tad wet in the morning but dried up within a couple of heats and we were treated to fabulous sunshine.

A Few Thank You's:

Shaun M - For the excellent advice on getting the Durango working as it should, although my driving is crap, its massively helped keep my attention on learning to drive rather than coping with a slip slidey car. Cheers!

Alex - For the advice and last minute help with providing me with a servo saver which munched itself before the 3rd Final. Thank You.

Chris & Crew: A really well run meeting with lots of track time and practise and a more challenging new layout.

4WD B Group drivers - Sorry i don't know all your names but Thank You for the little hints, tips and advice. Ade for the tyre suggestions which helped massively.

Forbesy - Thanks for the Hauler bud. Will keep my mum quiet from having my stuff all over he kitchen table ;)

Tony-Rudebits (I think it was) - For the fantastic commentary and I found it quite funny :lol: can you do this every week?

My cheap shite Argos Gazebo launching itself across the track. Thanks to the army that stopped the thing. I should really have pinned it down....oops! Just glad it wasn't during a Heat and no one was hurt.

Not too sure how many peeps know but i have the Cancer and Unfortunately I'm back in Hospital tomorrow for another round of Chemo which does funny things with my hands, feet and coordination but ill sure be fighting at the back of the grid next Sunday.

For the last 6-12 months I have its going to be a fantastic way to help ease the tension, stress and pressure. rebuilding my obliterated car during the weeks keeps me busy and out of trouble :D

Sam
Hi Sam. My heart goes out to you buddy. If our fantastic hobby can shield a bit of the agony you must be going through then it has to be good. I hope it will not be too long before we see you racing again.
As for the race meeting, the banter is probably what has stopped me from packing it all in. TORCH has a fantastic team running it, and a loyal band of racers who are always happy to help whenever you need it. Tony (MR.Rudebits) has been a great help to me over the past year, and more recently pitting and travelling to races with Rob Forbes has been a great advantage. His experience and encouragement has proved very helpful to me. (Thanks mate).
I wish you well. See you soon rocking and rolling at TORCH.

hotrodchris
12-08-2013, 07:07 PM
To top everything off with good weather, racing a relaxed atmosphere and good banter we at TORCH had the pleasure of 2 new cars on the track the new Rudebits DB2 and a Durango 210 Vega and both performed well.
Thanks to all that attended.:thumbsup:

Gaz_Stanton
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Another great day on a great track! Thanks to all involved in making it happen :thumbsup:

Hopefully when I've finished this bloody house move I can make the morning rounds as well. On the plus side, I didn't see any rain.

Bernie_W
15-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Had great day, thanks to everyone that works so hard to make this the best track in the south.

Are the result going to be published on the web site soon, I believe I lost a couple of laps in my last final. I noticed that my transponder connector had almost fallen out of its plug.

A big thanks to Tony for his Commentary, did make me giggle.

Bernard

hotrodchris
15-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Bernard they will hopefully be published soon, unfortunately knowone had a memory stick with them on sunday.:confused:

RobW
20-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Quick report from the meeting on our blog.

Sorry for delay, technology and me don't seem to mix - could not get it to upload using Internet Explorer, logged on using Firefox by mistake and it works:confused:

http://blog.torchracing.co.uk/

Rob

hotrodchris
20-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Nice job Rob!:thumbsup:

Jon Merritt
20-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Nice report Rob, thanks for putting it up, always enjoy reading them :)

hazeandfizz
11-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Any chance of getting the results up at some stage?

Cheers,
James.

Dudders
11-09-2013, 09:35 AM
And the 2wd regional full results?