PDA

View Full Version : Rudebits TORCH 2013 Grand Prix Sept 29th


RobW
08-08-2013, 09:26 AM
TORCH is extremely pleased to announce that we will be hosting the RudeBits TORCH 2013 Grand Prix on Sunday 29th September.

This is going to be an event not to be missed. There are going to be top drivers, a HUGE raffle and a bit of a different racing format to spice things up a bit.


We are still working on all the details but just to wet your appetite:


Free RudeBits R1 wing when you book in to run during the day – don’t forget to put your RudeBits decal on your wing - no wing and no decal means you don’t pass scrutineering!!


Huge raffle – Mr RudeBits, Tony Evdoka, has already promised a prize not to be forgotten and that is before we even start twisting a few arms of other suppliers of quality RC kit. In addition the club will be using all the entry fees for extra prizes and trophies as we want to give you, the drivers, something back after a very successful year for the club. Everyone will receive a free raffle ticket with your entry and those will be the only tickets available in order to give every entrant the same chance of picking up a prize – no watching the same guy walking up to collect multiple prizes with his handful of tickets.


Racing format – we are going to spice it up a bit. 2 rounds of controlled practice to let you learn the track then the fun begins. The third round of practice is timed and your best three consecutive laps over the 5 minutes give you your qualifying heat – in other words you get seeded - top 8 drivers go into top heat, then all the way down, no arguments, no exceptions even if you are an F1 – can you handle the pressure or will we see some superstars in the early qualifying heats?? Then we’ll have three rounds of qualifying (Round by Round or FTD – Tony E will decide on the day depending on weather conditions) and then one 7 minute final for all.

This is a one day event with classes for 2WD, 4WD and Junior classes. Initially restricted to 55 2WD, 55 4WD and 10 juniors.

Control tyres – Standard BRCA control tyres of Schumacher or Ballastic mini-spikes in any compound on rear axle.

Trophies for TQ, first place in all finals except Juniors which will be top three.

Race fees are £12 non-members, £10 members, all juniors £5. 50% discount on second class if you want to run both 2WD and 4WD.

Booking in procedure and opening date to be advised - we hope to do this on-line.

Stay tuned for updates as we have them

Rob

SteveB
08-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Evening all, appreciate any comments/feedback, we at Torch want to put on a great meeting to finish the summer off with some fun:thumbsup:

hazeandfizz
08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
What great news, should be a brilliant day.

forbesy
08-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Awesome, can't wait let's hope the weather is on our side :thumbsup:

RudeTony
13-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi yah all

This weekend is the worlds weekend in the states.
The likes of Lee, Darren, Neil and so on will be at the worlds and of course we wish them all the luck and I hope they come back with some big pots.

The RudeBits Grand Prix is specifically for everyone of all abilities to all have a relaxed fun meeting where we all have a laugh.
We will add some spice and difference to the norm though which is the way that I personally see the way that racing should be.

I would love to see drivers from all over the country attend and I am sure once the F2s/Juniors/Vets championships are over at the end of this month, many will love the TORCH track enough to make the trip down again.
We welcome you anytime.

I don't want to add any pressures to the club prior to the End of Season Finals, so booking in for the GP will not open till September

Catch up soon :)

bobbin
13-08-2013, 01:38 PM
hope to be there, working on a pass for the day.
cheers
robin

Briangb
14-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Looking forward to this. It has all the ingredients to make it a top day.
Just have to decide on 2wd or 4wd. Really don't think I can take the stress of attempting a double class.
Thank you in advance to the committee for promoting another meeting in what has been quite a busy year for them.
Your efforts are very much appreciated.
Also thank you to the event sponsor, Tony (MR.Rudebits) Evdoka.

T.O.R.C.H. The Souths Premier Off Road Club.

Zippy G
27-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Looks like fun!

Yasir Mughal :woot:
Zain Mughal:thumbsup:

Can't wait!

dobber
06-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Any news on when booking will be open. Want to make sure i get a place :)

Colin Kirkham
06-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Same, don't want to miss out!

RudeTony
07-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi all
Don't worry, you guys will be fine.
There has been all sorts being organised and we will soon make some announcements for everyone with the hope all enjoy.
Booking in will open up sometime next week and of course we will let everyone know

:)

RudeTony
11-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi all

Realising that TORCH may be some distance for some......I have decided to do the following to accommodate travelling families and racers:


Saturday the 28th
The track will be opened for practice at a small cost of £5.00 (non-members) and £3.00 (members) pay on the day.
Please note that the track for practising WILL NOT be the same as the Sunday Grand Prix meeting. This car only be fair for people that cannot make the Saturday.
The time frame will be from 2.0pm till 6.0pm (formally was 3.0pm till 7.0pm -changed due to the lack of light)

Saturday evening/night - Camping
Obviously with opening up the track for practice and some travelling a distance, arrangements have been made with the club to actually allow camping that evening. At this point I request everyone camping to be on their best behaviour, unlike some that let fireworks off at the F2/J/V a couple of weeks back.
There will be a fee of £7.50 and all this will be arranged with the club and organisers. I already know some of the drivers are going to have a get together in the evening so should be fun. Again please remember to respect the grounds and surroundings areas.

Booking in
Many have already said they are coming along so we arranging the booking in method.
It will most likely be open for entries early next week

More details as they get worked out

Looking forward to a great days racing with some fun along the way
:)

bobbin
11-09-2013, 01:36 PM
sounds great and i have been given the green light to attend too

TARTMAN
11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
looking forward to this. LOADS!

Camping, hmmmm........ an extra nite away from the missis. Might have to be done me thinks!!!!!!:thumbsup:

chuckie stella
11-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Absolutely gutted I will miss this due to my boys birthday. This promises to be an awesome weekend at a fabulous club with the chaps and sponsors involved too.

I hope to get a pass for the practice day and social gathering though :thumbsup:

funksta
12-09-2013, 06:53 AM
I am on holiday for the last couple of weeks of Sept & returning to the UK on 26th. I will book my place as soon as I return! (I just hope its not fully booked up by then) :(

Looking forward to it, sounds like it will be a great day! :thumbsup:
Dave Jelley

RudeTony
17-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Slight change

The practice session on the Saturday will be between 2.0 and 6.0pm

It gets dark a lot early than I realised so I think this is best.
I hope no one is put out by the change

Booking in will open soon and we will let you know as soon as that is organised

:thumbsup:

RudeTony
17-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone - again!

Booking in is now open

Massive thanks to Darren Boyle from DMS Racing for allowing us to use the regional booking in system and of course sorting it all out too.
This system will make life so much easier for the organisers so thanks Darren :)

Here you go then

http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/ (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk)

70 places in 2wd and 30 in 4wd - Booking in closes Friday evening so get them in quick

bobbin
17-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Will any shops be there?

Darren Boyle
17-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone - again!

Booking in is now open

Massive thanks to Darren Boyle from DMS Racing for allowing us to use the regional booking in system and of course sorting it all out too.
This system will make life so much easier for the organisers so thanks Darren :)

Here you go then

http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/ (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk)

70 places in 2wd and 30 in 4wd - Booking in closes Friday evening so get them in quick

Booking in is set to close a week on Friday Tony (27th), not this Friday, just to be clear ;-)

RudeTony
17-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Booking in is set to close a week on Friday Tony (27th), not this Friday, just to be clear ;-)

Don't worry Darren - age will get you too!! Thanks :)

Yes booking in closes Friday NEXT week everyone - LOL

rowley
17-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi Tony,

I have just booked some guys in for the event but the names are coming up with a prefix of 'R'.

Have I done something wrong?

Cheers!!

bobbin
17-09-2013, 08:08 PM
It's because you haven't used the booking system or the people you are booking in haven't used it before, once you have been verified it will change

dobber
17-09-2013, 10:07 PM
I can't log into the dms website, keeps timing out. Hopefully it will be ok tomorrow morning.

HOTSHOT III
18-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Never used the DMS booking in system before, do you pay online or pay on the day?

bobbin
18-09-2013, 07:36 AM
No mate, fill it out and pay on the day
Cheers
Robin

RudeTony
18-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Please don't worry about R and so on next to names and whether they come up as black, red, blue or any other colours. Just get your name on the list as soon as you can because its going to get full quickly.....

RudeTony
18-09-2013, 07:49 AM
We will be running a best prepared buggy for the day competition. This will include EVERYTHING and that means anything from good wiring, good looking bodyshell, nice install and of course same colour wheels - LOL

TORCH have a great big trophy for the winner and RudeBits will give a £10 voucher on anything from the shop

Good luck :)

Steve.T
18-09-2013, 07:50 AM
handout transponders available?

HOTSHOT III
18-09-2013, 01:49 PM
No mate, fill it out and pay on the day
Cheers
Robin

Thanks Robin:thumbsup:

RudeTony
18-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Right everyone please pay attention to this news.

We have a MEGA raffle to the tune of some £1500 plus worth of prizes
Everyone that has entered gets one (1) ticket. (even if you have booked in for 2 classes its just one ticket)
It has been decided by RudeBits and the TORCH club, to open up the sale of tickets to every competitor but with a little twist.
Every ticket will cost £5.00 and we will give all the raffle money raised to the following charity.

Just a small gesture to not only give back to the racers but to having some commitment to the community

http://www.co-operative.coop/cdn-1ce82d3d38f616e/Corporate/CSR/coty/images/carers-trust-top_logo.jpg

http://www.co-operative.coop/join-the-revolution/our-plan/keeping-communities-thriving/charity-of-the-year/

I hope everyone likes and agrees and of course buys tickets :)
:thumbsup:

hotrodchris
18-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Gents booking in has beeen open less than 24hours and both classes are alrady over 70% full!:thumbsup:
So get booked in ASAP or you might miss out!:thumbdown:

Dudders
18-09-2013, 05:31 PM
All booked in!

Looking forward to the Surrey and Hants Massive having yet another away day!

Neil

Getpip
18-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Right everyone please pay attention to this news.

We have a MEGA raffle to the tune of some £1500 plus worth of prizes
Everyone that has entered gets one (1) ticket. (even if you have booked in for 2 classes its just one ticket)
It has been decided by RudeBits and the TORCH club, to open up the sale of tickets to every competitor but with a little twist.
Every ticket will cost £5.00 and we will give all the raffle money raised to the following charity.

Just a small gesture to not only give back to the racers but to having some commitment to the community

http://www.co-operative.coop/cdn-1ce82d3d38f616e/Corporate/CSR/coty/images/carers-trust-top_logo.jpg

http://www.co-operative.coop/join-the-revolution/our-plan/keeping-communities-thriving/charity-of-the-year/

I hope everyone likes and agrees and of course buys tickets :)
:thumbsup:

That's a shame.
I can see its good for the charity but I felt it was a huge positive that everyone was going to have an equal chance of winning just the one raffle prize.
(Indeed it was a selling point in the original pitch)

mikeyscott
18-09-2013, 06:39 PM
handout transponders available?

The club has FIVE handout transponders, but you'll need to put a hole in the body for them to be safely mounted.

Good news re charity, put me down for 2 tickets :)

HOTSHOT III
18-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Just checked my entries (Alex Guiver) and everything looks OK except somehow the system has got me down for the same PT number for both classes.

Can this be changed on the day, or is it possible to change it online?

RudeTony
18-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Just checked my entries (Alex Guiver) and everything looks OK except somehow the system has got me down for the same PT number for both classes.

Can this be changed on the day, or is it possible to change it online?

Please point it out at booking in on the day - not a problem

HOTSHOT III
18-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Please point it out at booking in on the day - not a problem

Thanks Tony:)

InsideLineModels
18-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Will any shops be there?

I'll be there with the basics. I won't be running a full shop as I'll be racing but feel free order anything online before hand and select trackside collection. I'll be there Saturday.


Really looking forward to this!


Cheers
Kev

bobbin
18-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I'll be there with the basics. I won't be running a full shop as I'll be racing but feel free order anything online before hand and select trackside collection. I'll be there Saturday.


Really looking forward to this!


Cheers
Kev

Cheers Kev I will

Colin Kirkham
19-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I can see its good for the charity but I felt it was a huge positive that everyone was going to have an equal chance of winning just the one raffle prize.
(Indeed it was a selling point in the original pitch)

I agree, I would rather just donate some money to the clubs given charity
At the end of the day..we're racers with hearts !

HOTSHOT III
19-09-2013, 07:48 AM
That's a shame.
I can see its good for the charity but I felt it was a huge positive that everyone was going to have an equal chance of winning just the one raffle prize.
(Indeed it was a selling point in the original pitch)

+1, the original statement was "no watching the same guy walk up to claim multiple prizes with his handful of tickets"...

Steve.T
19-09-2013, 10:01 AM
+1, the original statement was "no watching the same guy walk up to claim multiple prizes with his handful of tickets"...

We could have a "one prize per person" rule.
So if one person winns more than one prize they should put back the second one for a redraw.

RudeTony
19-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I should of added that only a max of 2 additional tickets can be bought......and now that is a rule!! :)

RudeTony
19-09-2013, 11:04 AM
I can confirm after seeing the man in the town centre that he will be making a curry and chips along with everything else that is normal with the wagon.
I must say his chicken curry is yummy!!
:)

spenner
19-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I think we are missing the point...... Prizes should be the least to think about, it's the charity who will benefit!

spenner
19-09-2013, 11:07 AM
I can confirm after seeing the man in the town centre that he will be making a curry and chips along with everything else that is normal with the wagon.
I must say his chicken curry is yummy!!
:)

Gold plated baps ?

Getpip
19-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I think we are missing the point...... Prizes should be the least to think about, it's the charity who will benefit!

No ... Although I have nothing against the charity I respectfully suggest that if you read post #1 (bullet point 2) you will find you are missing the point.

bobbin
19-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I should of added that only a max of 2 additional tickets can be bought......and now that is a rule!! :)

Sounds good to me, put me down for two but nicely spaced apart
Looking forward to this meeting and getting my hands on possibly the best wing out there
Cheers
Robin

SteveB
19-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Guys

The raffle is a nice to have and an ideal opportunity to raise a donation to a nationally recognised charity. Personally I like to do something for others at this event, the club has no desire to make money from the racers or the general meeting, and as much as we had a strategic plan, we have evolved the thinking of making the meeting connect to the community and add some further developments.

Myself and I Tony put allot of effort in making the raffle/meeting as exciting and memorable as possible, further information will come out shortly, but you hopefully will be as excited as I am at the potential for all.

Remember clubs would not be there without the racers and we always appreciate constructive feedback, you are the life blood of the hobby.

Watch for further information

Cheers Steve

spenner
19-09-2013, 01:04 PM
No ... Although I have nothing against the charity I respectfully suggest that if you read post #1 (bullet point 2) you will find you are missing the point.

Sadly Evdoka likes to please everyone, and it is not always possible in life (but that is why we love him).I have just read the bullet point you refer to, which I understand may have excited some. But these guys are organising it and fair play to all involved by not only making a great event, but also looking after the racers and the chosen charity. As has been mentioned above, maybe once you have won then that's it.... But you can buy as many tickets as you wish to increase chances, and help the charity. Win win

AmiSMB
19-09-2013, 01:39 PM
We have a fantastic track with a lot of people that are all coming together working hard to put on a great event. I am looking forward to all of it!

dobber
19-09-2013, 04:06 PM
For me racing is about having fun with my mates, happily there is also racing involved with that too :lol:

As a bonus ther dis going to be a raffle and we all have a free ticket, AWESOME! What's more the profits are going to a good cause. What was said at the beginning was a concept, in my view the reality is somewhat better. Lets put this to bed now and look forward to a cracking days racing with your mates and enjoy the racing, and the top prize for me would be nice too ;)

TARTMAN
21-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I think the 1 ticket for each entry is best, the most fair and remember the raffle is an EXTRA.

The charity option, is a great idea. charities struggle loads in this financial climate and I for one will be doing MOvember in November again hoping to raise money for the men's cancer charity.

I think the extra £5 per additional ticket, max 2 per person is an absolute awesome idea.

the prize fund for the raffle tickets from what I have read is unchanged. its the £5 per ticket if people to purchase is what's going to charity.
SOOOO

ALL GOOD. same prizes. a few people will have a very slight extra chance of winning a prize and a worthy charity gets a few quid that's well deserved.

what's the problem?

NONE at all.......

was going to make it work permitting but its full now, so have fun guys.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RudeTony
23-09-2013, 08:26 AM
ENTRIES
Well as many can see the entries are high and limited if any at all.
For this very reason, please please let ANYONE know if you can make it so we can fill up spaces with people really wanting to attend.
You can email me direct [email protected] or contact anyone that you can. The ideal scenario for cancelling an entry is obviously replying to the email you got from the booking in system. If you could do this it would be so much appreciated by the organisers and the racers wanting to attend

Raffle
I can inform you that the chances of someone NOT winning something is extremely small. There are OVER 100 different items and to a value of some near £2000. Yes you read that right. Fab big and small prizes and stuff not RC related too! We promised the words 'MEGA RAFFLE' and that is exactly what we want to deliver. We are actually thinking of holding the raffle between end of qualifying and the finals or would all of you prefer at the end as usual?
Lastly on the raffle debate, discussion, difference of opinions or whatever you want to call it.
If EVERYONE bought the 2 max extra tickets available (for the charity) then it would be an even battle for the prizes .....LOL

Trophies
There are trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in every final.
There are 2wd and 4wd TQ trophies
A trophy for the best under 13
A trophy for the best under 16
A trophy for the best prepared buggy
and some secret stuff not yet announced - LOL

Camping and Practice
Many have shown interest for camping. There is a charge of £7.50 for the overnight stay.
There is also the 4 hour open practice session. This has a cost of £5.00.
Like I have mentioned before, the track will not be the as race day so doesn't effect the Grand Prix.
All fees payable at Race Control on arrival please


MORE SOON

TARTMAN
23-09-2013, 12:31 PM
the most fairest of raffles this will be.

I for one will be buying the 2 extra tickets, for charity its worth it. if I win more then that's a bonus.

We all struggle at times and charities do to.

give to receive is my thoughts.

So I say everyone should be buying the extra ticket or 2, for the better chance at a good prize AND for a worthy cause at the same time.

but if you choose not to that's totally OK to. its a Choice after all and we all make them.

Either way it looks like a great day in the making and I reckon raffle in between Q and F is better, breaks the day up a little and means those that do want to go early for whatever reason can do as many will be having a massive long drive to this awesome event.

but that's just MY Opinion LMAO!!!! I am not far away so I don't mind either way.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rowley
23-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Really looking forward to this weekend, sounds fantastic!

If the raffle is between qualifying and finals, that would suit us better. Long drive back to Devon after finals.......

TARTMAN
24-09-2013, 08:46 AM
had a look but cant see it.

whats the gates open time so to speak on sunday, if its been posted then I am blind.:confused:

or has a schedule not been posted as yet?

RudeTony
24-09-2013, 09:11 AM
had a look but cant see it.

whats the gates open time so to speak on sunday, if its been posted then I am blind.:confused:

or has a schedule not been posted as yet?

NOT YET till now!!

Time Schedule
The gates are open from 7 as usual - please drive down the lane in and out in an orderly fashion!!
Practice 1 will be 4 minutes in heats staring at 8.0am SHARP!
Practice 2 will follow without delay practice 2 with no changes to heats
Practice 3 will be timed at normal 5 minutes and will count for reseeding everyone.
Round 1, 2 and 3 will follow.
If you are car 1 in your heat, you get choice on the rostrum spot/position, then 2, 3 and so on.
Practice 3 therefore becomes more important than just messing around :)
I think from there on things have to be decided so getting started is the key

Looking forward in seeing everyone


Shop
Please don't forget that Kev Lee and Inside Line Racing are present with tyres and spares but if there is anything specific you need may we suggest you pre-order. Kev is racing so therefore will not have absolutetly everything with him.
Best to order through their website: www.insidelineracing.co.uk and marked RudeBits in the order

stretch76
24-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi all,

All booked in and really looking forward to Sunday. That was until I remembered I didn't have a 12v battery (School boy error on my part)

What I'm asking, in a long winded way, is would anyone be kind enough to let me hook on to their 12v for the day.

Many thanks

carrot
24-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I have emailed Tony to let him know,can Bryan Burrows be removed from 4wd please as I now have a 2wd entry,,thanks

mikeyscott
24-09-2013, 09:18 PM
On the booking in email there should be a cancellation link

johnabbs
25-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi bud,I own a garagevl and can spare 12 battery u csn use for the day if u still need one bud let me know cheers john abbott

RudeTony
25-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Practice on the Saturday

Hi all, I have had a word with the organisation at TORCH and under the circumstances that there are a lot of reserves, the practice day is OPEN to ANYONE with a BRCA licence and they do not have to be guaranteed entrants to the Grand Prix on the Sunday.

We hope this helps that litlle bit :)

Mike Parker
25-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Morning guys :)

Quick question regards booking in on Sunday morning, what time does it close?

RudeTony
25-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Morning guys :)

Quick question regards booking in on Sunday morning, what time does it close?

I haven't spoken to the organisers over this Mike, but I suppose if a person hasn't check in by end of practice 1 (8.45 ish) then they have to be considered as not attending - I hope everyone will attend though - I wouldn't want to tell everyone that someone booked in and didn't bother to attend and took someone else's place and so on.....LOL

RudeTony
25-09-2013, 01:40 PM
All wings have been cut for all the competitors at the Grand Prix this weekend.
Decals packed and more prizes too!

Bring it!!

:)

bobbin
25-09-2013, 02:11 PM
All wings have been cut for all the competitors at the Grand Prix this weekend.
Decals packed and more prizes too!

Bring it!!

:)

looking good, got my drill at the ready

stretch76
25-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi bud,I own a garagevl and can spare 12 battery u csn use for the day if u still need one bud let me know cheers john abbott


:thumbsup:Thanks John, your a gentleman, yes still need a 12v, will come and find you on Sunday.

Thanks again

Mike Parker
25-09-2013, 03:21 PM
I haven't spoken to the organisers over this Mike, but I suppose if a person hasn't check in by end of practice 1 (8.45 ish) then they have to be considered as not attending - I hope everyone will attend though - I wouldn't want to tell everyone that someone booked in and didn't bother to attend and took someone else's place and so on.....LOL

Cheers for the response Tony :)

I'll be heading down tomorrow and staying with my folks on the Isle of Wight and heading over on the 1st ferry Sunday morning - The 1st ferry arrives into Southampton at 8.15 and I have to find the track too as it's be my first visit to TORCH so just conscious of the timings that's all :)

RudeTony
25-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Mike - I've just booked you in - come whenever you want......LOL

RudeTony
25-09-2013, 05:46 PM
RudeBits Grand Prix Track Layout

The TORCH personnel have been down the track and changed the layout as requested....looking sweet if I say so myself :)

Thanks guys and dolls.....

hotrodchris
25-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Cheers for the response Tony :)

I'll be heading down tomorrow and staying with my folks on the Isle of Wight and heading over on the 1st ferry Sunday morning - The 1st ferry arrives into Southampton at 8.15 and I have to find the track too as it's be my first visit to TORCH so just conscious of the timings that's all :)

Mike with Sunday traffic it should only be about 30 mins from the ferry terminal max:thumbsup:

M.Andrews
25-09-2013, 06:49 PM
All wings have been cut for all the competitors at the Grand Prix this weekend.
Decals packed and more prizes too!

Bring it!!

:)

Nice one Tony,you even trimmed all the wings for us!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Its going to be a great meeting your organizing! I like that the 3rd practice will be for your seeding for the qualifying heats also rostrum organization in order of quickest in the practice heat,I hate the mad scramble for position on the rostrum with pushing and shoving!!

Dudders
25-09-2013, 06:52 PM
That's cos you're a little'un :p

Colin Kirkham
25-09-2013, 07:00 PM
So looking forward to Sunday....:thumbsup:
I really hope it doesn't rain ?

RudeTony
26-09-2013, 09:14 AM
THE BIGGEST RAFFLE

Well I can't remember in some 25 years of racing a bigger raffle.
We now have in excess of 100 items and a value of some incredible £2500.

I personally applaud and thank our sponsors ever so much:

Schumacher
Inside line Racing
RudeBits
Kyosho
Orion
Williams F1 Team
Peak Development LTD - Robin Holmes
RW Racing
TORCH
Co-operative Food

I so apologise if somehow I have missed anyone

Everyone gets a ticket with their entry but I would love to see everyone (if of course one can afford) to buy some extra tickets (max 2) to raise that extra bit for the charity....no reason we don't make radio/tv coverage either for such a good cause......thanks in advance

bobbin
26-09-2013, 10:42 AM
THE BIGGEST RAFFLE

Well I can't remember in some 25 years of racing a bigger raffle.
We now have in excess of 100 items and a value of some incredible £2500.

I personally applaud and thank our sponsors ever so much:

Schumacher
Inside line Racing
RudeBits
Kyosho
Orion
Williams F1 Team
Peak Development LTD - Robin Holmes
RW Racing
TORCH
Co-operative Food

I so apologise if somehow I have missed anyone

Everyone gets a ticket with their entry but I would love to see everyone (if of course one can afford) to buy some extra tickets (max 2) to raise that extra bit for the charity....no reason we don't make radio/tv coverage either for such a good cause......thanks in advance

You're welcome, so looking forward to this meeting
Cheers
Robin

mikeyscott
26-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Some of you haven't supplied PT numbers or valid numbers on the booking in system.

I'm sorting out the heats etc. but what would help me is for people to email me their PT numbers please so that I can build the heats as accurately as possible.

Makes my life easier on Sunday morning, which would be great as I'm wanting to have a bit of fun track time too. July is that last time I hit a track.

Any other details that need correcting also, please get in contact.

[email protected]

Best regards,

Mike

RudeTony
26-09-2013, 04:14 PM
PRACTICE on the SATURDAY
Practice on the Saturday will be on the same layout but in the reverse order.
This was planned from word go to make it an even playing field on the Sunday.
No one will practice the right direction until the Sunday morning.
This will be strictly enforced as I will be there to monitor.

I also want to check out who the fast guys are!! - LOL :)

Colin Kirkham
28-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Have you guys done a provisional practise heat sheet yet ?

Thats list for Sunday.... Cheers

RudeTony
28-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Have you guys done a provisional practise heat sheet yet ?

Thats list for Sunday.... Cheers

you are in 8/9 provisionally.

ALL WILL CHANGE AFTER PRACTICE OF COURSE

RudeTony
28-09-2013, 11:10 AM
IMPORTANT

This is the 2wd reserve list as of close of entries last night

Adrian Morrish - you now have an entry
Mason Sadler - you now have an entry
Jamie pickles - you now have an entry
R1 Gareth Stanton
R2 billy fletcher
R3 Rob Howett
R4 Mark Townsend
R5 Nick Harman
R6 Daniel downing
R7 Darren Parker

This is the 4wd reserve list as of close of entries last night

R1 Mason Sadler
R2 Gareth Stanton
R3 james berry
R4 Tony archer
R5 Nick Harman

Lastly, please please text me on 07876 664422 if you just can't make it and of course do the same if you are in the reserves so I can contact you if spaces are available - we desire this meeting to be totally full - off to the track now so catch up laters all :)

Dudders
28-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Billy F off to Slough now

mikeyscott
28-09-2013, 03:15 PM
James Berry you have an entry for 4WD

RudeTony
28-09-2013, 03:57 PM
LATEST LIST

This is the 2wd reserve list as of close of entries last night

Adrian Morrish - you now have an entry
Mason Sadler - you now have an entry
Jamie pickles - you now have an entry

R1 Gareth Stanton
R2 Rob Howett
R3 Mark Townsend
R4 Nick Harman
R5 Daniel downing
R6 Darren Parker

This is the 4wd reserve list as of close of entries last night

R1 james berry
R2 Tony archer
R3 Nick Harman
R4. Sam S.

Lastly, please please text me on 07876 664422 if you just can't make it and of course do the same if you are in the reserves so I can contact you if spaces are available - we desire this meeting to be totally full - off to the track now so catch up laters all :)

AmiSMB
29-09-2013, 08:01 PM
The results are now up on the TORCH website. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view. Had a really great day here is to the next one!:thumbsup:

Mowen208fly
29-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Well done to Tony and Torch for a great event and race format today and the raffle was really something to be seen and raising money for a great cause :thumbsup: Thanks again for a great day
Martin

TARTMAN
29-09-2013, 08:42 PM
WOW, Awesome day at the Rudebits GP held by Torch. Massive thank to the Titchfield Off Road Club Hants (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Titchfield-Off-Road-Club-Hants/235844053118621?directed_target_id=0), For hosting this truly FANTASTIC day and Tony Evdoka (https://www.facebook.com/RudeTony?directed_target_id=0) for sponsoring it. Result for me, Q10 in the 4wd A final, and due to the twist of t...he day that placed me in POLE for the start I held that 1st for 2 laps then the nerves hit and made a few errors and ended eventually after the extended 7 minute final in 9th. Great racing, Lloyd Story on my heels lapping, great experience, Shaun Mcfarland (https://www.facebook.com/shaun.mcfarland.14?directed_target_id=0) for some VERY close racing today we were on par most of the day! Much fun had by all and thanks again for the banter, Adam Smith (https://www.facebook.com/adam.smith.7524879?directed_target_id=0), Sam, etc etc, The great Torch crew Dan Brown (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003852634556&directed_target_id=0), Stephen Brown (https://www.facebook.com/stephen.brown.7796?directed_target_id=0), Mike Scott (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=703044553&directed_target_id=0), AL, CSS, etc etc. Had a truly Memorable day and the raffle was huge, Well done to all the winners Tom Kirkham (https://www.facebook.com/tom.kirkham.5209?directed_target_id=0) and co doing rather well lol...

HOTSHOT III
29-09-2013, 08:45 PM
This is by far and away the best race meeting i've been to this year (and I raced every weekend this summer), thanks to TORCH, Tony Evdoka, all sponsors (raffle prizes etc.) and all who attended for making it such a success and roll on the RudeBits Grand Prix 2014!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iYhw_5ehZ4

Zippy G
29-09-2013, 09:00 PM
The TORCH team as always put on an AWSOME days racing along with all the preperation and organisation and co-ordination with Tony to create this event.
Track was great with a few new twists to keep drivers on their toe's NICE!!!

Thanks to ALL involved we had a great time. The raffle was a great thing to see with so much donated to a good cause.

Lets do it all again NEXT WEEK!

LOL

Steve.T
29-09-2013, 09:09 PM
WOW, Awesome day at the Rudebits GP held by Torch. Massive thank to the Titchfield Off Road Club Hants (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Titchfield-Off-Road-Club-Hants/235844053118621?directed_target_id=0), For hosting this truly FANTASTIC day and Tony Evdoka (https://www.facebook.com/RudeTony?directed_target_id=0) for sponsoring it. Result for me, Q10 in the 4wd A final, and due to the twist of t...he day that placed me in POLE for the start I held that 1st for 2 laps then the nerves hit and made a few errors and ended eventually after the extended 7 minute final in 9th. Great racing, Lloyd Story on my heels lapping, great experience, Shaun Mcfarland (https://www.facebook.com/shaun.mcfarland.14?directed_target_id=0) for some VERY close racing today we were on par most of the day! Much fun had by all and thanks again for the banter, Adam Smith (https://www.facebook.com/adam.smith.7524879?directed_target_id=0), Sam, etc etc, The great Torch crew Dan Brown (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003852634556&directed_target_id=0), Stephen Brown (https://www.facebook.com/stephen.brown.7796?directed_target_id=0), Mike Scott (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=703044553&directed_target_id=0), AL, CSS, etc etc. Had a truly Memorable day and the raffle was huge, Well done to all the winners Tom Kirkham (https://www.facebook.com/tom.kirkham.5209?directed_target_id=0) and co doing rather well lol...

Agreed

Colin Kirkham
29-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Thank you so much to Torch and Tony Evdoka for a truly fantastic day!:thumbsup: and thanks also, from two very happy lads for there raffle prizes.
The track was awesome to drive, even when the rain came this morning, it just added to the format of the day.
It was great to see Darren hold the lead of the A final for a few laps, thanks to the back to front grid.. We'll done for that mate :woot:
2014 Rudebits GP..... Book me in now !
Only one class though next year, two in one day is too much..
And we'll done Forbesy for "best prepared car" too
:thumbsup:

HOTSHOT III
29-09-2013, 10:17 PM
The results are now up on the TORCH website. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view. Had a really great day here is to the next one!:thumbsup:

I think the results from last week (summer series round 5 on 22/09) have been posted up with today's date.

AmiSMB
30-09-2013, 06:08 AM
I think the results from last week (summer series round 5 on 22/09) have been posted up with today's date.

Oops I will change that today :blush:. It was because they were pre-setup before the date change for the gp.

carrot
30-09-2013, 06:22 AM
A big thanks to everyone involved at torch and Tony, a brilliant day of racing on an awesome track,and all for a good cause.

danharding
30-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Thank you to all involved was a great meeting.

shaun m
30-09-2013, 08:34 AM
As said by everyone , an excelent fun and organised meeting, with some nice clean and close racing on a really nice layout..

I qualified 9th in the A :thumbsup: but with the reversed grid , i struggled with the pressure ( thats my excuse lol :p ) and finished 8th:blush: :-) ...


p.s .. sorry if myself and darren /tartman's LOL'S and giggles didn't put anyone off on the rostrum :lol: , we battled pretty much all meeting with fun all the way !!

Alan - South West RC
30-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Excellent day and well worth the long drive down. Thanks to all involved in making it happen :thumbsup:

hazeandfizz
30-09-2013, 11:49 AM
And the overall table for 2WD is wrong, Belsten is P2. This pushes me down to P3 but I thought I would still point it out :cry:.

James.

Oops I will change that today :blush:. It was because they were pre-setup before the date change for the gp.

AmiSMB
30-09-2013, 12:23 PM
And the overall table for 2WD is wrong, Belsten is P2. This pushes me down to P3 but I thought I would still point it out :cry:.

James.

Hi James,
I think I can see an issue as it has missed points from a round for Belsten. I will look into why the software has done this.

Cheers

Grant

GRIFF55
30-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Belsten 2nd!!! Did everyone else break or something!😝

hazeandfizz
30-09-2013, 12:37 PM
You have a Dave and a David Belsten in the results and I'm sure it's the same bloke!

James.

Hi James,
I think I can see an issue as it has missed points from a round for Belsten. I will look into why the software has done this.

Cheers

Grant

Belsten
30-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Belsten 2nd!!! Did everyone else break or something!��


cock

I often use 2 names but can not reveal why due to legal reasons ;)

AmiSMB
30-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I have sorted this but it should not be in the Rubebits GP thread as it is about our Summer series so it can be viewed here

Click here (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=806467#post806467) to view.

dobber
03-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Did anyone take any pictures or videos on the day?

Is it 2014 yet, i want to do it again :)

Zippy G
03-10-2013, 01:20 PM
I have videos of both E & F finals, biased to my kids though, not sure if they'll be ay good to you?

Dudders
03-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Dobber, I tagged you in a video on FB a few days back, how much glory do you want for coming last?

stretch76
03-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I have videos of both E & F finals, biased to my kids though, not sure if they'll be ay good to you?

Yes please Sam, I was in the F final so would like a look.

Cheers

HOTSHOT III
03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
I have videos of both E & F finals, biased to my kids though, not sure if they'll be ay good to you?

Yes please, I was in the 2WD E Final.

Zippy G
03-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I am a bit rusty at doing the uploads but here goes

F Final:
http://youtu.be/iROYaDbWbzQ

E Final
http://youtu.be/V5lgj0cMeZY

dobber
03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Dobber, I tagged you in a video on FB a few days back, how much glory do you want for coming last?

I didn't come last, I was 7th lol and I can't find the post you tagged me in.

Steve.T
04-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Any vids of the 4wd finals

Jon Merritt
08-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Here ya go, it's not the best quality as recorded on my iphone but its watchable.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6svhpmmYaw

Steve.T
09-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Actually the quality is pretty good.
Anyone get the c final 4wd?