PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 11th Aug, A Final video


sticky
12-08-2013, 03:01 PM
A final video from Sunday 11th Aug 2013. YouTube. http://youtu.be/m1gPgIKSOEM

m1gPgIKSOEM

Gavin Collingwood
20-08-2013, 11:59 AM
This has got to be the dirtiest first lap I've seen in ages..... Driving etiquette anyone?

sticky
20-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Made me laugh, thought it was supposed to be the clean n tidy final ;-)

millsy
20-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Note I let them all through, got out the way, this seems to be the right way to play it, it worked for me anyway.

Gavin Collingwood
20-08-2013, 12:34 PM
What some drivers need to learn (and I'm not naming any names) is that in a final, if there's a car in front of you HE has the right of way and you must find a way past cleanly where there is a car's width gap.
Even if you're clearly faster and the driver in front is slower HE is the leading car, so what if he puts his car on all the apex's....? I hear you say,
well you have to be patient and wait for a gap to appear. We see far too much T-boning and cutting people up for my liking at our club. Driving etiquette needs to be explained to people sometimes especially to kids otherwise they just don't know.
Watch an national A final you rarely see someone cut up and even if they do its usually a racing incident and the culprit would normally wait for the victim to be marshalled out of courtesy