PDA

View Full Version : Are any of the 1s Esc's inbuilt becs up to Savox 1251


southern racer
15-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Just wondering if there are 1s esc's that are 100% 1s compatible and that can drive the higher draw servos like the Savox 1251 / Ko Propo Ids 2413 without glitch issues from their standard becs i.e no voltage boosters?

Do higher C rated lipos help in addition or is it purely the problem of getting a reliable 6v supply from a 3.7v source?

cheers SR

Plasmag
15-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Using the savox servos and Spektrum Rx I had the same problems with Nosram Pearl V2 and Orion R10 1s esc. Had to use a cap on the rx with the Nosram and a separate booster with the Orion. Solved all problems when changing esc to Viper VTX1.

southern racer
15-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Cheers Plasmag, are you still using a cap with the Viper? ( always use them with Savox in any scale at mo!)

Plasmag
15-08-2013, 09:14 AM
No cap needed with the Viper.

southern racer
15-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks. Interesting to see they give the bec on the vtx1 as 4.5-5.5v which seems lower than some but if it works better than the ones stating higher...

badger5
15-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I also use the Viper VTX1 but with a Sanwa receiver and low profile Blue Bird servo. Never glitched once and mighty quick, easy to program and smooth. I find even with the endbell timing turned up on my 13.5t Thunder Power motor and the with the motor getting pretty warm the speedo is as cool as a cucumber.

A big shame that no one is still importing this unit into the country even though some shops are the VTX10R units.

Plasmag
15-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Yes I can see what you mean, the Viper has a more stable bec output whilst the esc is under load.

This was confirmed by using the progauge, which you can monitor the rx voltage with. Handy little tool.

Plasmag
15-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I also use the Viper VTX1 but with a Sanwa receiver and low profile Blue Bird servo. Never glitched once and mighty quick, easy to program and smooth. I find even with the endbell timing turned up on my 13.5t Thunder Power motor and the with the motor getting pretty warm the speedo is as cool as a cucumber.

A big shame that no one is still importing this unit into the country even though some shops are the VTX10R units.

Don't worry about no UK importer buy direct from Viper, I did have a problem with my VTX1 (purchased from the states) and Vipers customer care is excellent.

Rat Monkey
18-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I've been using a viper vtx1 in my superstox with spectrum and savox 1251 - I found I had to run the spectrum capacitor on the Rx though or had glitching problems.

Super quick and smooth esc though :)

southern racer
18-08-2013, 10:08 PM
cheers Rat Monkey

mark christopher
19-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Hobbywing 1s versions works fine