PDA

View Full Version : xray xb4 info/help


grobson1970
17-08-2013, 07:07 AM
can you let me no what are the best tyres to put on my car ,are most running
mini pins or spikes ?
also what weight shock oil are you all running & last of all what what weight diff oil ?

thanks in advance

Gary

Dudders
17-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Morning mate,

I think I run 300 in the rear, 400 in the front and 600 in the diff.

About to overhaul so came confirm more later.

Welcome to the club!

shaunr
17-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi as Neil said we run 1000 oil in rear diff an as for shocks I run 350 in front an 600 in the rear. A few of us have xb4 so any problems were all willing to help out. :thumbsup:

dobber
17-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi as Neil said we run 1000 oil in rear diff an as for shocks I run 350 in front an 600 in the rear. A few of us have xb4 so any problems were all willing to help out. :thumbsup:

Lol a few, you mean about 80% :)

shaunr
17-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Lol a few, you mean about 80% :)

You no you want one! Lol:thumbsup:

grobson1970
17-08-2013, 01:10 PM
What about tyres ? Pins of spikes ?

dobber
17-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Spikes all the way.

And Shaun, no I don't my Vega is awesome and legal ;-)

jlucas
17-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi gary first question is are you going to be using it as a 4wd or a 2wd? If as a 2wd I run 2k in the rear diff core rc 450 oil front and 350 rear with kit 3hole pistons all round everything else set up wise can be changed trackside. Come and see me ;)
As for tires dry yellow spikes rear yellow cut staggers front wet no one knows yet to run on the new astro when soaked
Hth

absolute alignment
17-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Spikes all the way.

And Shaun, no I don't my Vega is awesome and legal ;-)

But sadly normally found just behind a losi 22!

Dudders
17-08-2013, 05:07 PM
PMSL!

grobson1970
26-08-2013, 04:43 PM
How much rebound are people building into there shocks ?

Cheers

Gary

jlucas
26-08-2013, 07:45 PM
0% mate

Dudders
26-08-2013, 07:46 PM
^^^ none here too.

grobson1970
27-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all your help guy's
It still wont make my driving any better but at least it's a good starting point :)

Cheers all

Gary

hoping to get it on the track next thursday

C u all then