PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 22nd Race Night: Trucks and Buggies


Dudders
19-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Normal race meeting on the cards for this Thursday night!. It's also our special once a month Truck night. So if you have a big wheeled beast, get them out, get them ready and bring them with you :D.

Owhitehouse
20-08-2013, 10:51 AM
So who's going to be running there truck then ?

Woodbine
20-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Well that would be you and me at least... It was the sensor wire and you get that new diff in :)

focusmad
20-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Well u can count me in for some fun with the trucks, if I get a receiver from the local model shop!! Lol

Woodbine
20-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Coming to get a very large smile... No stress like normal racing :D

Dudders
20-08-2013, 01:52 PM
I'll have mine with me, for sale... Or hire!

gwesty
20-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I may be along to run 4wd

Woodbine
20-08-2013, 06:05 PM
What is this odd 4WD you speak of .... :)

Dudders
20-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Shaun Robinson is racing his truck too.

So I think 5 at present :woot:

Broken
20-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I shall be there, but a bit late as I have to get home from work first. Buggy is ready and waiting as I don't have a truck, will watch and see what they look like to race as it sounds tempting.

Shall also be trying out advice I got at work party to see how I get on and if a switch to sticks will be happening.

dobber
22-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Its going to be a bit damp but not too bad, best bit there will there will be no clogging of sand to clear out and my car is great in the wet ;) , not so sure about them XB4's though :lol:

jlucas
22-08-2013, 01:37 PM
What you trying to say hedger? Fancy yourself for tq and win?

Dudders
22-08-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking it will be a dry track tonight. No rain trackside since 11.00 ish and the suns been mega hot!

Dudders
22-08-2013, 01:46 PM
What you trying to say hedger? Fancy yourself for tq and win?

My money would be on Mr Dear but he's supping choco-lattes and flumps with the dirty northerners!

absolute alignment
22-08-2013, 04:59 PM
And champagne today with afternoon tea! See you all Sunday. Have a fun night.

dobber
22-08-2013, 10:04 PM
What you trying to say hedger? Fancy yourself for tq and win?

Tq is for girls, it winning the A that counts ;)

Ok, joking aside, although did I mention I won the A final? I think we have a really good group of people all running within a few seconds of each other, not only in the a finals but I see that close competition in all finals. Really good to see! :thumbsup:

jlucas
22-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Tq is for girls, it winning the A that counts ;)
Still wet track I was on schui blues and you only managed to lap me once dunc I'll take that lol

Broken
22-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Like the new surface and layout, good nights racing (even if I did break my car). Did the final on dBoots (I really must get a bigger selection of tyres) after a slippery practice after the heats, having run mini pins the rest of the evening, track deffinately got damp as the evening went on.

Thanks Woodie for bringing your extra set of sticks down for me. Felt better so the way forward for me.

Dudders
22-08-2013, 10:51 PM
As Duncan said, apart from Glenn, we could of had 5 or 6 winners of tonight's final, just depends how the racing goes. Think tonight showed up what I thought it wold, we didn't know what tyre worked on the new astro turf. Looks like BB Greens for the slick dew, pinks for sodden.

Well done to Duncan on his A final win, drove well on the best tyres with young Barry chasing him hard. I was on my only set of wet tyres (pinks) and they didn't have anything, so well done to the good Dr on getting a deserved 3rd place.

Time to make some purchases. Anyone trying schuy Silvers?

Dr_UpGrade
22-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Cheers Mate... Told the girlfriend about my rostrum placing and the first thing she said was "Ah they are letting you win because you are leaving!"

Thought you'd all appreciate that!!!:lol:

Re silvers, Mr Bizzel was running them on the rears... I am thinking of trying the cut staggers in sliver in the damp too as I was understeering with the yellows and BB greens on the back

Dudders
22-08-2013, 11:01 PM
BB Greens and Silver Staggers is the right way...

dobber
23-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Still wet track I was on schui blues and you only managed to lap me once dunc I'll take that lol

I know if you were on the right tyres you'd have been in P1.

For the final though i was on Dboots and i was a second slower than i was with worn BB greens. Great forward traction but not eough side bite so as Dudders said BB Greens are the way to go.

jlucas
23-08-2013, 07:29 AM
I am wondering how the dboot nanobytes in b compound might work

Dr_UpGrade
23-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Could work... I don't think the astro is very hard on the tyres at the moment (no sand eh!) so might last a bit too