PDA

View Full Version : Steering trim help


Ben20
25-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi there I'm after a bit advise. I'm running a schumacher Mi4cx with a savox servo. I'm having massive problems with the trim getting knocked out of centre if I touch anything, then spend the next lap trying to sort it out. I've checked the horn and the teeth are all ok. Was wondering if a servo saver may help.
Anyone with any advice will be really helpful. Thanks

stegger
25-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi ben have you checked that steering is all free and even on both sides ? It could also be your servo !

Danny Harrison
25-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi there I'm after a bit advise. I'm running a schumacher Mi4cx with a savox servo. I'm having massive problems with the trim getting knocked out of centre if I touch anything, then spend the next lap trying to sort it out. I've checked the horn and the teeth are all ok. Was wondering if a servo saver may help.
Anyone with any advice will be really helpful. Thanks

As above really, disconnect the servo and move the wheels by hand, see if there free to move or if there is any stiff points. If thats free then I'd look at the servo.

SlowOne
25-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Whilst agreeing that this sounds like a servo fault, you could also check...

The servo arm. Whilst it might look like all the teeth are in good condition, does the horn have a hairline crack in it? If it does, this can cause the horn to jump a tooth.

The turnbuckles. If there is a stripped thread somewhere in one of the ball cups, the turnbuckle can move in the ball cup.

If the amount the car goes off-sentre is a lot, and is usually the same amount and direction when it happens, then suspect one of the above. If it is a little, then swap the servo out for another (if you have one or can borrow one) and see if it cures the problem.

HTH :)

Lee24h
25-08-2013, 07:41 PM
It may be worth checking the tweak in your chassis too while you rebuild the steering assembley

Ben20
26-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the advice. I replaced the horn on my last outing and the same problem was still there. I'll try a new servo and see what happens. Should I use a servo saver as well from now on

Lee24h
26-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Im not to sure if the cxl has a in built servo saver if it does use a horn if it dont you need a saver on the servo unless your planning to run a 4.5t motor on tarmac