View Full Version : What tyres are you running on 4wd?
simonrhart
06-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I've just bought a Kyosho Lazer zx 5 Fs2 Sp and was wondering what you run on Grass/astro that works.
I found the bBoots Multibyte soft compound 'B' really good for my Losi 22 on grass at the track. Wondering if these will work on the Kyosho too.
Simon
JohnM
07-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Normally if there is grass all over the track, I'd use a Schumacher mini spike in yellow compound if it's dry, you can run a 2wd cut stagger on the front if you want to smooth out the steering a little as well. Ballistic Buggy green spikes if it's wet.
If the grass is fairly worn, the DBoots Multibites in A work very well (not tried Bs on grass yet), seem to smooth out ruts much better then the Schumachers, plus they last longer.
Astro tracks, different astro likes a different tyre, but a Ballistic Buggy spike in white works well pretty much anywhere.
simonrhart
07-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Yes I have the Schumacher mini spikes rear in yellow with the low-profile 2wd rib fronts and didn't get on with this combination much. I tried the ballistic buggy mini spike soft compound front and rear on my Losi 22 and liked it a lot, I had a lot more steering and rear grip.
Then I tried the DBoot MultiByte B - which is soft on the track and liked them more. The track recently hadn't had much grass on it due to summer so there has been a lot of dry dusty patches throughout. I found the DBoots much better on this surface. I think I will get the rears and 4wd fronts for my Kyosho and see how I get on.
Thanks for your tips!
Simon
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.