View Full Version : Gearing Advise with 13.5- TM2
kyfran95220
15-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi all,
I'm a New tm2 owner, and i race with à 13.5t.
I presently use the durango 85 spur, but i don't know whether the 81 or 83 could not be better.
Which pinion with Which spur can you Advise me with m'y 13.5?
Kusal
15-09-2013, 06:35 PM
I use a 10.5 with timing and boost and use a 28 on 80 RW spur gear (race on astroturf; Kampenhout)
kartstuffer
15-09-2013, 11:32 PM
I use a 6.5 with 25/85 so compared to other cars I have run with 13.5 motors i would say about 34/85 or equilivent that would be with no timing or boost.
At the recent German 2wd Stock Nat's on Astroturf we used a FDR ~7.0
either with a 13.5 ThunderPower or LRP X-20 with blinky mode
Ebi
kyfran95220
16-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Do you all use the stock spur (85)
I have order the 78 and 81 Spur from Durango ...
If I'm right ... FDR = 7 with a 13.5
so ... :) ...
1- 78/28 x 2.5 = 6.94
2- 81/29 x 2.5 = 6.98
Am I right ?
Is this the best way ?
IntegraMark
17-09-2013, 02:07 AM
which model durango are you using the spurs from? and what slipper hubs are you using?
kyfran95220
17-09-2013, 08:02 AM
RW Durango ,78,81,85 for 210/410 with Durango's pads ...
I use the TM2 stock slipper hub.
I've tried 28/81, but motor was pretty hot on carpet and astro
IntegraMark, what can you advise ?
kartstuffer
17-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Use the Durango spur with the AE heavy duty slipper pads.j
kyfran95220
17-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I hear all your advises guys (AE 91170 for slipper pads ???) :thumbsup:, and thanx for them
But the more important for me concerns gearing with which spur ...
85 seems too big.
IntegraMark who is also running a 13.5t, could you tell me which spur and pinion you're using ? :blush:
IntegraMark
17-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm running a 10.5 in mine with 26/85 in blinky. the tracks i run at are small indoor carpets tracks. I got away with 18/85 at one track and ended up having one of my best races. i had to go with 26 the next night at another track. the hottest temp i got from my motor after a 5 min qual was 135F
kyfran95220
17-09-2013, 10:20 PM
I have had my training tonight.
I ' ve tried 85/26 on a quite big track. Not too bad.
Then i have tried 78/28... This is it....
I' m not running with the blinky mode, So i have used timing on my speedo.
The car is Just as i want. :thumbsup:
Ï will just try 78/29 next time
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.