PDA

View Full Version : Heatsink on XB4 motor


OneKiwi
17-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Has anyone found a good heatsink and fan combo that will work well in the XB4?

I have a fan mounted in front of the motor and works well just wondering if there is a heatsink that will work well

Chris Larner
17-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Why do you need one. If your motor is getting that hot you are geared wrong.
I've run mine indoor with no cooling holes on a hot day and its fine.
And seen them run all summer (35c) and havnt overheated.

OneKiwi
17-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Mines fine I just like the piece of mind that if I wnat to run 5-10 minutes longer I can.

Dudders
17-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Should easy do 10 mins. Do you have any airflow holes in the body?

JohnM
17-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Mines fine I just like the piece of mind that if I wnat to run 5-10 minutes longer I can.

I was running much, much longer then 10mins during practice with mine in the summer on grass & astro tracks, using 6.5 & 5.5 AB+ V2 Vampire motors without a fan or heatsink on the motor. No air holes in the kit shell, just the little air vent under the front window when using the JConcepts shell.

OneKiwi
17-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I know it can run without, We have long hair astro and high grip so it does take a bit of a toll on the electrics.

But with the fan I have now you have to addmit that coming off a "to cut off" run with a 5800 lipo with the motor at @ 35° is quite a good sight to see on the temp gun.

Im loving the Vampire motors, just need to get one for the 2wd