PDA

View Full Version : XXX CR build. Some questions


stefke
31-10-2006, 03:42 PM
As I'm completing the build of my CR, I ran into two problems :


Is there any way to mount an LRP Sphere BL ESC without having to cut a hole the body for the cooling fins ?
For a HiTec servo, I had to use servo arm No 42 or 24 (one of those two). But that arm seems to be significantly longer then the other two servo arms included in the kit. As a result, I can't seat the body properly at the front because of the servo arm touching the body. Is this Normal ?

XXXCRRacer
21-11-2006, 03:48 AM
You don't have to cut the body to run fins. What Hi-Tec servo are you running.

stefke
21-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I cut a slip in the body for the outer two cooling fins. It was the only way to make the body fit nice and snug.

I'm using a Hitec 945MG. For now, it has been fitted with a B4 servo arme because it is a bit shorter and fits under the body.

Lee
05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi,just building a xxx cr, whilst building the diff it says use the clear grease, now the problem is i dont have a clear grease in my kit, i have a creamy coloured one which is labelled synthetic lubricant, Is this it or is there meant to be a clear one that i dont have.

Thanks

Lee

barnyard
05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
there should be a clear silicone grease in the kit the cream coloured stuff is used on the thrust race think its refered to as white grease

Lee
05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
thanks for that, i thought that would be the case, i will just have to use some AE grease.