PDA

View Full Version : B44.2 Gearing.


NeilD
22-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm running a Reedy Sonic 6.5 with a 81t spur. I use a 20t pinion but was wondering would an 18 or 19 be better?

I run indoors on very high grip carpet.

Cheers.

gazhillAE
22-09-2013, 09:50 PM
all those are a bit low!
Depending on the track obviously
You have to gear the reedys up a tiny bit more
I use 21/22 for 6.5t
19 with 5.0
20 with 5.5
Hope that helps

discostu
22-09-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm running a Reedy Sonic 6.5 with a 81t spur. I use a 20t pinion but was wondering would an 18 or 19 be better?

I run indoors on very high grip carpet.

Cheers.

Maybe you should just try it is a two second job to change

Has know body nowadays got any balls to find out for themselves these days ffs

NeilD
23-09-2013, 08:22 AM
all those are a bit low!
Depending on the track obviously
You have to gear the reedys up a tiny bit more
I use 21/22 for 6.5t
19 worth 5.0
20 with 5.5
Hope that helps


Cheers Gaz, that's great. Thanks.

NeilD
23-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Maybe you should just try it is a two second job to change

Has know body nowadays got any balls to find out for themselves these days ffs

Maybe I've only got the one pinion as I've just got back into racing after a 4 year hiatus and rather than waste money on buying ones I'll never use I could ask members on here who have the knowledge and then buy the correct ones.

It's nobody by the way...

discostu
23-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Maybe I've only got the one pinion as I've just got back into racing after a 4 year hiatus and rather than waste money on buying ones I'll never use I could ask members on here who have the knowledge and then buy the correct ones.

It's nobody by the way...

Damn predictive text but even still pinion are £3
Next thing you'll be asking has any body tried a shim under the ball stud before you buy that too

NeilD
23-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Damn predictive text but even still pinion are £3
Next thing you'll be asking has any body tried a shim under the ball stud before you buy that too


So because I was unsure of which size to use I go and buy 5 pinions at almost 6 quid here, yeah that makes good sense.

gazhillAE
23-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Maybe you should just try it is a two second job to change

Has know body nowadays got any balls to find out for themselves these days ffs

Come on mate hardly any need for that!
No idea how old this guy is he could be a kid so really wouldn't have a clue what the hell they do :thumbdown:
Sort your attitude out and give him a bit of time !
G

K-Brewer
23-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Come on mate hardly any need for that!
No idea how old this guy is he could be a kid so really wouldn't have a clue what the hell they do :thumbdown:
Sort your attitude out and give him a bit of time !
G

:thumbsup:

discostu
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
:thumbsup:

Yeah you are right I was out of line sorry. :-)

I run a 23 and kit spur on pretty much any motor from 13.5 to 6.5 and adjust boost turbo settings on the esc.

Stu

NeilD
08-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Yeah you are right I was out of line sorry. :-)

I run a 23 and kit spur on pretty much any motor from 13.5 to 6.5 and adjust boost turbo settings on the esc.

Stu

No probs, it's forgotten. :D