View Full Version : FOAM TYRES SUITABLE FOR 2.2" BUGGY RIMS
Verde
23-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Does anybody know where I can get hold of some 1/8th Donuts (70mm wide) that are suitable for cutting in half and using on 1/10th 2.2" buggy rims for indoor carpet racing?
I have previously used 1/8th Enneti Donuts, but nobody seems to sell them these days.
Any alternative suggestions also welcome.
Many thanks.
terry.sc
23-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Contact R/C stock car donuts seem the be the tyre to use these days. Tyres are 36mm wide so you will need two sets to mount up for a buggy. Kamtec sell UFRA 70mm wide on road donuts but a pair of them are more expensive than two pairs of stock car donuts.
I've probably got suitable spare tyres kicking around, I can dig them out if you want to see what I have.
Verde
23-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks Terry. I've got one more new'ish set left, so Im not desperate yet, just thought Id try and source some early doors in case I split one of the front ones and write it off. I'll follow up your advice and try to get a new batch from Contact. Thanks for the offer re digging some out though.
Get the tyre truer on standby, I might need your assistance. See you Thursday.
stuart slmcc
26-09-2013, 05:50 PM
here is a link
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/Manufacturer/subcategory/Contact_RC/templateid/12/searchbox7/1-8_Stock_Car_Donuts.html
Verde
28-09-2013, 08:38 PM
here is a link
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/Manufacturer/subcategory/Contact_RC/templateid/12/searchbox7/1-8_Stock_Car_Donuts.html
Thanks Stu. Do you use these on your buggies?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.