PDA

View Full Version : Need a Radio


Tobamory
27-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Guys im going to move to a wheel, and have been eyeing up the current ones out there.

Obviously Top of the Tree we have the M12 and Futaba 4PKRS, but for what I do I feel a little overkill

Ive been eyeing up the new Spektrum DX4S but alongside that the Futaba 4PLS

Views please.....
Ive had a few issue with the code one, with jitter loss of control etc, I have fitted a CAP to the receiver but I would prefer to have something that doesn't actually need stuff like that, and just works.

Any ideas. I did consider the MT4 but its the same price if not a little more than the 4PLS, the 4PLS I can get with 2 receivers as a deal ....

Thanks you wise ones,

Tobamory
27-09-2013, 08:42 AM
another aspect was the DX4S is DSMR

for the Radio and 1 receiver is about 180 VS the 4PLS with 2 receivers at 229..

Aire valley
27-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Thought you were selling up not buying more stuff...:lol:....and thought you had a half decent xmitter in the Spektrum DX3C? I know some people will argue differently ,but I have never had any problems with Spektrum from 3e to 3s.

Tobamory
27-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Tested the water Alan, but after getting them ready and messing with them, I thought id stay.

Thanks for Input

Danny Harrison
27-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I use a futaba 3pk and it was a massive improvement over the cheaper radio I used previously. You can pick up a 4pk pretty cheap, thats what id do and nearly did if funds would allow.

Tobamory
27-09-2013, 12:27 PM
299 for the PK,

Costs creeping LOL.....

Alan yes my son has the DX but I need 1 for me.